A fence is a substantial investment in your home or business property. The company you choose should provide you with fencing that meets your requirements for appearance, safety, and structural integrity.
Kennesaw, GA (PRWEB) August 26, 2007
First Fence of Georgia (1stfence.com), has put their expertise to work in the development of the following twelve tips for selecting a fence installation company.
"Choosing the right company to install your fence is an important decision," says J.C. Ordono, president of First Fence of Georgia. "A fence is a substantial investment in your home or business property. The company you choose should provide you with fencing that meets your requirements for appearance, safety, and structural integrity."
1. Do your homework. Finding the right provider is not as simple as opening a phone directory. Research the internet using search engines such as Google, Yahoo or MSN. Angie's List (angieslist.com) is a great resource for finding service providers because all the ratings are provided by actual users of the company's services. If you do not have internet access, ask friends or colleagues for recommendations.
2. Narrow your search down to two or three companies. A good fence installation company will first visit your property and then provide you with a free, written estimate. Avoid working with a company that gives estimates by phone without seeing your property.
3. The estimator is your first view into the company. They should be knowledgeable, prompt, and courteous.
4. Make sure the estimate and/or contract covers all the details, including the type of fence, gates, materials, and footage requirements. Be wary of a company whose price is significantly lower than the others you have researched.
5. Ask for project photos. If the company has a web site, chances are there are photos on the site. If not, ask if the company has a project portfolio you can view.
6. View projects first hand. Some companies will provide addresses of past projects. This provides additional insight into the company's work quality and is particularly helpful if you are having difficulty visualizing how a particular fence type will look once it is installed.
7. Use a local provider. If you have a problem, you may want to be able to drive to their office (or have a decision maker drive to your property) to come to a resolution. On the positive side, a visit to their headquarters will give you an idea of how they do business. If they run a clean, tight ship, chances are your project will be run the same way.
8. Use a company that has been in business for at least two years. Even if the company is young, find out who the principals are and how long they have been in the fencing business. You will most likely receive a better product from a company that is staffed by highly trained, seasoned fence installation professionals as opposed to a home improvement generalist.
9. Check professional affiliations with organizations like the Better Business Bureau, a home builders association, and/or the American Fence Association. Also ask for certifications such as Certified Fence Professional (CFP).
10. Ask about insurance. Does the company hold liability and workman's compensation insurance?
11. Ask about warranties. A good fence installation company will honor manufacturers' warranties for material defects. The best companies will do that and provide a warranty supporting their own workmanship.
12. Ask about referral letters. If a past client takes the time to write down the details of their experience with a company, they are definitely worth considering.
About the Leading Fence Installation Company: First Fence of Georgia
Located just north of metro Atlanta in Kennesaw, Georgia, First Fence of Georgia is a leading fence company specializing in wood, vinyl, chain link, and decorative metal fencing along with security gates, gate operators, trellises and arbors. The company offers a wide variety of residential and commercial fencing installation services along with fencing materials for wholesale and to "do-it-yourself" customers. The company is also the recipient of a 2006 Super Service Award from Angie's List for achieving and maintaining a Superior service rating throughout the year. For more information, contact First Fence of Georgia at 770-422-9996 or visit 1stfence.com.