Santa Monica, CA (PRWEB) August 28, 2007
Koders Inc., the leading provider of source code search solutions for software developers and enterprises, seamlessly integrates its products and services with the Microsoft suite of developer tools.
The Koders Enterprise Edition enhances the utility of Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft's ALM offering for source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking. Adding code search to TFS provides software development teams with a powerful solution to quickly gain visibility and access to the code assets managed by TFS.
Extensible APIs connect the Koders Enterprise Edition to SharePoint, Microsoft's portal-based collaboration and document management tool. SharePoint Search combined with Koders' solutions allows for unified search of both content and code to facilitate software development, reuse and learning. "Code search is a missing capability in TFS and SharePoint," said Ben McDonald, product manager for the Koders Enterprise Edition. "Koders fills the gap and can help facilitate the transition to TFS from CVS, Visual SourceSafe or other legacy version control systems."
- Searches private source code across multiple repositories inside an enterprise
- Deploys as a virtual appliance or as installable software
- Finds code stored in Microsoft Team Foundation Server and other version control systems
- Integrates easily with SharePoint Search or other leading enterprise content search systems
Koders also offers plugins that integrate code search into Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE. Plugins for VS 2003 and VS 2005 can be downloaded for free from the 'Plugins' menu on http://www.koders.com..
- Allow developers to search for code without leaving their IDEs
- Search millions of lines of open source code indexed by Koders
- Search private code when used in conjunction with the Koders Enterprise Edition or Pro Edition
- Feature SmartSearch™, a contextual search agent that transparently finds code and proactively alerts developers to opportunities for code reuse
About Koders Inc.
Koders is the leader in code search for enterprises, communities and software developers. Koders solutions allow programmers to quickly find and leverage existing source code assets to bring new software applications to market faster, with fewer defects, and at substantial cost savings. The Koders.com website is a free resource for searching open source code. The Koders Enterprise Edition and the Koders Pro Edition both search private source code, and have been adopted by development teams in a broad range of settings, from small ISVs to Fortune 500 companies. Koders is a privately-held company headquartered in Santa Monica, California. For more information, visit http://www.koders.com .
Note to Editors: Koders, Koders.com are trademarks or registered trademarks of Koders Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.