San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 28, 2007
Beach and island destinations around the world are popular throughout the year and each offers its own variety of activities to be enjoyed by travelers and locals alike. Viator.com (http://www.viator.com), the world's leading online resource for more than 5,500 trip activities, tours and events in 75 countries, has unveiled its 10 most popular beach and island destinations including a reef town, beach communities and tropical hot spots. Viator's team of travel experts has selected some of its hottest activities to help inspire sun-bound travelers to experience more of their destination - on and off the beaten path - any time of year.
Viator's Top 10 Beach and Island Destinations*
1. The Great Barrier Reef, Australia
2. Oahu, USA
3. Miami, USA
4. Costa del Sol, Spain
5. Nice, France
6. Nassau, Bahamas
7. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
8. San Diego, USA
9. Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt
10. Phuket, Thailand
The Great Barrier Reef - Exploration of Australia's Great Barrier Reef is possible from the inside out during any number of exciting and educational activities from Viator.com:
- The Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruises visit Agincourt Reef from Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas and feature diving, snorkeling and a semi-submersible viewing vessel.
- Extend the experience during Reefsleep with two days and one night at Reefworld, a unique and exclusive environment from which to observe this natural wonder in its nocturnal state.
Hawaii - With some of best beaches Mother Nature has to offer, Hawaii is an ideal year-round destination, on and off the sand.
- Travelers walk amongst the spectacular rainforest of Oahu and into the lush Koolau Mountains above Kaneohe Bay during the Hawaiian Waterfall Hiking Adventure, or, get as close as the authorities will allow to recent lava flow from the active Kilauea Volcano during the Big Island Hawaii Volcano Adventure.
- Experience the islands from the air with thrilling helicopter tours including The Kohala Coast Helicopter Adventure, the Circle of Fire plus Waterfalls Helicopter Tour, and the Oahu Highlights Helicopter Flight.
Miami, Florida - Miami seems to be hot, in both temperature and popularity, year-round, with lots to do - especially in the warm southern waters:
- Surfers or wannabe wave dwellers can learn or perfect their surf technique with Florida Surf Lessons, whether private professional instruction or with a small group of friends or family.
- The Biscayne Bay by Boat Tour keeps travelers dry, perched on the top deck of a modern yacht for a cruise past the Port of Miami, Fisher Island and Brickell Key, as well as homes of famous residents like Jennifer Lopez and Shaquille O'Neill.
Phuket, Thailand seems remote to many, but is a popular destination for holiday travelers from around the world, and rounds out Viator's list of its Top 10 most popular beach and island destinations.
- The Phang Nga Eco Tour explores Phang Nga Bay, mangroves and grotto caves aboard a luxury cruiser with lunch on Panyi Island and a swim at a secluded beach.
- Jungle Safari, Khao Sok includes a drive through Phang Nga, a canoe excursion down the Sok River, a buffet lunch of Thai dishes and a trek on elephant back into the jungle.
Viator's traveler resources like first-hand customer reviews, a four-star rating system, suggested itineraries and staff picks, not to mention an entertaining and educational Travel Blog, take the guess work out of planning destination activities, whether heading to the beach, the Himalayas, or someplace in between.
*Top 10 Beach and Island Destinations based on Viator.com customer sales.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 400-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator -- the Latin word for traveller -- offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 3,500 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.