(PRWEB) September 5, 2007
A new portal for the contract hire and leasing industry is celebrating after receiving a warm welcome from customers and users alike. Leaseandcontracthire.com is attracting new viewers to its site every day, giving both the personal and business car users, the opportunity to source a new car at the most cost effective rates in the market place.
Leaseandcontracthire.com has useful features including a quick search, an advanced search, continuously updating deals on the homepage, popular car types, find a contract hire company tool, RSS feeds, email updates and a banner advertising program. Its regularly updated extensive database of makes, models and variants to choose from is designed to be the easiest to use and best looking contract hire portal on the Internet for contract hire companies and their customers. In addition, it operates a policy of continuous improvement.
What's the deal for contract hire firms?
Up to 6 months free advertising is available when a firm registers with Leaseandcontracthire.com
Registration is simple. Please go to http://www.leaseandcontracthire.com/advertise.php and you will be set up on the website and sent an email confirming your login details. Firms can start adding contract hire and leasing deals using the simple Admin Area immediately.
What's good about leasing or contract hire of a vehicle?
Personal Contract Hire
Features of Personal Contract Hire:
1. A Hiring Agreement where the vehicle remains the property of the Finance Company
2. The vehicle is disposed of by the Finance Company at the end of the contract
3. The contract is set for a period usually between 2 & 4 years
4. The contract is for a set mileage
5. The customer pays a fixed monthly rental that will always include:
- Cost of vehicle funding
- Cost of vehicle depreciation
- Road Fund License
- For an additional Rental the customer can include the following options:
- All Maintenance, Service, Repairs, Tyres and Batteries
- Relief Vehicle provision
- Recovery service
1. Fixed cost motoring: The Customer only has to bear the direct costs for fuel and vehicle insurance, plus Excess Mileage charges if the vehicle exceeds the Terminal Mileage figure
2. No responsibility for vehicle disposal
3. Low initial outlay
Finance charged on VAT exclusive price of new and qualifying cars
Contract Hire for business
If your business is looking for a comprehensive, fixed cost motoring package where full usage of a new vehicle is important but ownership is not, then you should consider contract hire.
This is essentially an operating lease, which enables you to drive a new vehicle of your choice on a "fully inclusive" basis. Maintenance can be included as part of the contract, leaving you with only fuel and insurance to consider as extras. As you are hiring the vehicle as opposed to buying it, at the end of the contract you simply hand the vehicle back, leaving you with no disposal worries (subject to mileage and condition). Contract Hire is also an extremely tax efficient method of funding a business vehicle, as rentals may be offset against taxable profits. For cars with a retail price of up to £12,000, full tax relief is available. However, where a car has a retail price in excess of this sum, tax relief is restricted in accordance with the following formula known as "half the excess rule" although full relief may be claimed on any maintenance element of the rental:
Disallowed percentage of rental = 1/2 (Vehicle cost - 12,000)*100/Vehicle Cost
Additionally, if your business is registered for VAT, 100% of the VAT payable on the finance element of the rentals may be recovered where the vehicle is either a van or a car used solely for business purposes. Where the vehicle is a car used for business and private mileage, then only 50% of the VAT payable on the finance may be recovered.
1. A low initial outlay, usually 3 months advanced rentals
2. Contracts available for periods of 1 to 4 years depending on the vehicle usage
3. Monthly rentals are pre-determined for the entire contract period
4. Known additional charge if the contract mileage is exceeded
5. Road Fund License is included with the contract
6. Full maintenance may be included as part of all contract hire agreements
7. As the vehicle is simply returned at the end of the contract, there are none of the problems or risks associated with disposal
8. If registered for VAT your business may reclaim all, or some of the VAT payable on the finance element of the rentals This form of funding is considered to be "off balance sheet" and the vehicle will not be shown as an asset within the company's balance sheet
Please visit http://www.Leaseandcontracthire.com for personal and business car deals and the opportunity to source a new car at the most cost effective rates in the market place.