Vernon Hills, IL (PRWEB) September 6, 2007
Switching gears from the relaxing pace of summer to the hectic back-to-school routine isn't always easy. Learning Resources, Inc., a manufacturer of hands-on educational products for the home and classroom, offers some practical tips for getting families back into the school mode.
- Determine what the homework rules will be and clearly communicate those rules to all students in the family. Take into account that children, depending on age and personality, are different in their approach to homework.
- Create a homework space that is private and away from distractions. Make sure each student has their own space.
- Reduce morning chaos by getting things (e.g. clothing, permission slips, etc.) organized the night before. Give children a sense of time by using a timer like the Time Tracker® Visual Timer and Clock. The colors on the clock let them know how much time they have left for each morning task, and sounds will let them know when the colors change.
- Play games or activities that enable children to reinforce the academic skills they are learning in school. Make up games or play ready-made games, like Learning Resources' Alphaball™ Scrambled Word Game, to reinforce skills.
- To better manage family time, have a centralized place for family calendars, schedules, homework due dates, etc. This is the go-to spot to find information on responsibilities and activities for your busy students.
- Get to know your student's teachers and communicate with them regularly.
For more tips on helping your children have a successful school year, visit LearningResources.com/getinvolved
About Learning Resources
Learning Resources is a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms and learning toys for the home. For more than 20 years, educators and parents have trusted the company as a source for quality, award-winning educational products in language, math, science and early childhood. Headquartered in Vernon Hills, Ill., Learning Resources markets and distributes its products to over 80 countries around the globe. For more information about Learning Resources, visit http://www.LearningResources.com