Kingwood, TX (PRWEB) September 12, 2007
Optimal Health & Wellness Center is sponsoring its first symposium, "Hormones, Health & Aging: Ask the Experts" on Saturday, September 22, at Kingwood College.
The keynote speaker, Dr. Lindsey Berkson, is a consulting scholar for the Center for Bioenvironmental Research, a certified nutritionist, and a women's health advocate. She has written or co-authored 7 books, including Hormone Deception. She is joined by local experts including Dr. Martin Basaldua, Medical Director of the Optimal Health & Wellness Center in Kingwood, Dr. Fred Crawford, Spectracell Laboratories, Whitney Clark, B.S., Nutritionist, and several other fitness, hormone and skin care experts.
"Hormones are extremely confusing," says Dr. Berkson. "Substances in the environment, called hormone disruptors, are gaining entry inside us and can affect our hormonal signaling systems."
She will explore issues such as:
- The latest signs that your hormones are out of balance
- Emergent new understandings of hormones and how they affect your everyday life
- Bio-identical versus synthetic hormones and how they affect your health and recovery
- The effects of vitamins and minerals on your overall health
Dr. Basaldua will talk about issues of aging, heart disease, and nutrition. "Our Anti-aging program is integrative, combining the best of traditional medical diagnostics along with natural hormone replacement therapy, nutritional support, weight loss, and skin care treatments and products," says Dr. Basaldua.
Dr. Basaldua will cover topics such as:
- How nutritional deficiencies can contribute to common chronic disease conditions
- The prevention, diagnosis and management of heart disease
- Obesity and its related complications
- Understanding and treating hormone imbalance
Additional health care experts participating in the symposium include:
- Compounded bio-identical hormones: Richie's Pharmacy, Richie Ray
- SpectraCell Laboratories, Dr. Fred Crawford
- Nutrition: Whitney Clark, Nutritionist
- Physical Fitness and Human Performance: Airrosti Sports Medicine Specialist, Rebekah Raught, B.S.
- Skin Medica Specialist--Michele Cappi
The symposium is scheduled for Saturday, September 22 from 8:30 am to noon at Kingwood College, 20000 Kingwood Drive. Register by calling 281-359-5749. Visit the web site for more information at http://www.optimal-balance.com.