Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) September 17, 2007
CollegeRover™, an online college resource site (http://www.collegerover.com), announces the release of an exclusive feature interview with Brandon Jones (Director of College Prep Programs, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions) and other valuable interviews for prospective college students.
Based on the publication: "A Guide to Over 350 Colleges and Unlimited Paths to Your Future," some of the most popular careers include: advertising, public relations, airplane pilots, architects, computer programmers, software engineers, engineers, fashion and interior designers, human resources managers, nurses, pharmacists, urban and regional planners.
The "hot" fields featured in "You Are HERE" were selected based upon a combination of feedback from high school students across the country as well as data from the U.S. Department of Labor. The book offers inspiration and advice from successful professionals in these fields as well as relevant data on hundreds of the nation's most interesting colleges.
CollegeRover's interview with Brandon Jones answers career questions like:
1) How can someone pursue the career journey and get "from here to there?"
2) How do you define hot -- is it in the sense of staying power, lucrative salaries, endless opportunities?
3) Why is it important for students to think out of the box and what are some of the strategies -- such as networking, taking online educational courses?
4) What if someone is already immersed in their career but wants to change tracks to one of these hot careers -- how do they go about doing it?
"We are committed to offering free monthly relevant content and tools for prospective college students. We are excited about our content library that will aid in cultivating users about their career and college opportunities. Our college partners are excited about how our platform is educating users before users request college information," explains Tom Scott, president and CEO of CollegeRover, Inc. "This month we also provide the following insightful interviews with:
- Billie G. Blair, PhD, author of "All the Moving Parts" about time management and how to "manage all the moving parts" in life.
- Dr. Philip Boysen, a recent Baker College MBA graduate who was the commencement speaker this past spring for the Baker College Center for Graduate Studies and Baker Online graduate ceremony. Although he's very successful as a doctor, his interest in earning his MBA exemplifies the concept of continuously learning."
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, CollegeRover™ is the first online college marketing platform that has invested in a consultative model for prospective college students to identify career, degree and college interest and provide a single-point origination management model to colleges. CollegeRover's mission is to serve users by educating and creating college-related content that meets the college research demands for the following four demographics: 1) Working Professionals, 2) Single Parents, 3) Career Changers and 4) College Prep.
To learn more about CollegeRover: http://www.collegerover.com
# # #