Louisville, CO (PRWEB) September 14, 2007 -
Diogenes Analytical Laboratories, the industry leader in "storage management as a service" solutions today announced a major upgrade to its revolutionary Storage Satellite storage monitoring and reporting service. Storage Satellite subscriptions are available starting at under $200 per month. The new features are included in the base product at no additional charge. Storage Satellite is based entirely on the Storage Management Interface Standard (SMI-S). The product supports 14 array vendors and three switch vendors. More information is available at http://www.storagesatellite.com.
The new Storage Satellite release gives users a variety of system-management capabilities:
- Capacity management: Determine how much capacity is available, how it is allocated and how fast it is being consumed.
- Forecasting: Determine when available storage will be consumed.
- Asset management: Track storage assets in the data center automatically and how they are configured.
- Storage switch support: Track storage switch devices from Cisco, Brocade and Qlogic.
- System alert management: Monitor storage components, and identify which have failed or are not operating normally at a glance.
- Topology mapping: Visually represents the presence and connection of SAN devices.
"As the demands on IT organizations increase more rapidly, adaptability to change becomes more important. Software-as-a-service applications are one way for IT organizations to improve the adaptability of their infrastructure management," said Jerald Murphy, director of research operations, Robert Frances Group. "Such on-demand applications allow faster deployment, greater agility and reduced risk, without the huge upfront investment of traditional applications."
With this functionality, users can optimize their storage assets and control storage growth. Using Storage Satellite, users can find answers to such questions as:
- What is my compound annual growth rate?
- What is my fastest growing system?
- When will I run out of storage?
- How much more storage will I need to add?
- Which arrays are over utilized?
- Which volumes and file systems are underutilized?
- What is the peak performance on this array, controller, volume or disk drive?
- Which arrays, switches, controllers, disk drives, power supplies and fans are not operating normally?
Storage Satellite's highly graphical user interface provides answers to these questions at the click of the mouse. Statistical information is gathered in a real-time, background mode for always up-to-date information. Even so, the information is gathered without deploying any agents. Storage Satellite is a hosted service, so users do not need to deploy their own infrastructure.
"Traditional SRM applications can require dozens of agents to be deployed with labor-intensive operation," said Phil Goodwin, president of Diogenes. "Storage Satellite can be installed in less than an hour. Our on-demand subscription model eliminates huge upfront costs and professional services fees. Technical support and product updates are included in the subscription fee. Too many SRM applications are stuck in a1990s architecture. We think Storage Satellite will revolutionize the way organizations manage their storage infrastructure."
About Diogenes Analytical Laboratories:
Diogenes Analytical Laboratories, Inc., based in Colorado, has pioneered the use of "software as a service" (SaaS) for storage management. Since its founding in 2004, Diogenes has become known for expertise in storage product quality and reliability. It has leveraged this experience to create Storage Satellite that give users the essential information needed to optimize their investment in storage assets. More information about the company can be obtained at http://www.storagesatellite.com.