Columbus, OH (PRWEB) September 14, 2007
An upcoming Webcast will offer a case study in revenue cycle management best practices.
During this audio webcast, participants will learn administrative best practices for enabling revenue cycle management automation in health care. Cincinnati-based Mercy Health Partners will share the complete strategic process used to increase efficiency in their revenue cycle and dramatically increase point-of-service patient payment collections and reimbursement.
- When: September 19, 2007; 2-3:30 p.m. CT; 3-4:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Visit http://www.hfma.org/awc or call (800) 252-4362, extension 2, to register
- What: A Mercy Health Partners Case Study: Balancing Financial Challenges with Mission Goals, a special HFMA audio webcast
- Who: Rod Nicholls, Vice President, HTP, Inc. and Shari Bailey, Senior Director of Revenue Cycle, Mercy Health Partners
- Cost: First Listener: $170 for HFMA members; $245 for non-members; Additional Listeners: $42 for HFMA members; $68 for non-members
With its powerful combination of industry expertise and technology development, HTP is transforming the way the healthcare industry does business. HTP's innovative revenue management solutions help hospitals find cash from their existing operations by automating workflows from patient access through patient financial services with proprietary technology that seamlessly integrates with existing HIS systems. Notable customers include Catholic Healthcare Partners, The Midland Group, OhioHealth, Redlands Community Hospital, Condell Medical Center, The Ohio State University Health System and the Utah Health Information Network--the nation's first successful RHIO.
For more information on HTP or to learn how its software is transforming healthcare information exchange for providers, payers and RHIOs, call 888.487.8010 or go to http://www.htp-inc.com.
Media and Analyst Contacts:
Stacy Wood: (614) 540-5520 or woods(at)marketing-works.net
Rob Krohn: (614) 396-4537 or rkrohn(at)htp-inc.com