Manasquan, NJ (PRWEB) September 18, 2007
Pay-for-performance, reimbursement cuts, quality improvement, the uninsured, uncompensated care, retail clinics, healthcare costs, a shift to prevention and health promotion, primary care access and physician and staffing shortages. What does each issue mean to health plan and hospital executives and to providers themselves, and what changes await the industry in 2008? Thought leaders from key healthcare sectors will analyze these questions during Healthcare Trends and Forecasts in 2008, a live audio conference from the Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN) on October 10, 2007 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern.
For conference details, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?trends2008pr.
- Featured Healthcare Sector Analysts:
- Health Plan Trends: Dr. Peter Kongstvedt, a partner in the health and managed care consulting services division of Accenture
- Hospital Trends: Nathan Kaufman, managing director for Kaufman Strategic Advisors
- Physician Trends: Dr. Joel Diamond, partner, Diamond, Fera & Associates and chief medical officer at dbMotion Inc.
- Wellness and Health Promotion Trends: Elizabeth Opland, director of product development and deployment at Gordian Health Solutions
- Conference Highlights: What's driving changes in the healthcare industry; what new trends will emerge in 2008; how healthcare organizations can best position for 2008; performance expectations for the healthcare industry in 2008; problems affecting the healthcare business climate; and how 2008 will compare to 2007.
- Target Audience: Presidents/CEOs, CFOs, chief operating officers, vice presidents, medical directors, analysts, business development executives, consultants, directors, executive directors, financial/business managers, marketing executives, principals and strategic planning executives.
- Audio Conference Formats: 90-minute live audio conference on October 10, 2007 includes a 30-minute Q&A; "On-Demand" rebroadcast available October 12, 2007; 90-minute recording on CD-ROM with printed transcript available October 29, 2007. For conference details, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?trends2008pr
QUOTES ATTRIBUTABLE TO MELANIE MATTHEWS, HIN EXECUTIVE VP AND COO:
"For the last four years, this strategic analysis has helped healthcare organizations position themselves for the coming year. The last 12 months have posed some key challenges for the industry, and we expect that perspectives from four key healthcare sectors will help health plans, hospitals and providers develop a blueprint for 2008."
Please contact Patricia Donovan to arrange an interview or to obtain additional quotes.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network -- HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, fax (732) 292-3073, e-mail info @ hin.com, or visit http://www.hin.com.
# # #