Boston, MA (PRWEB) September 17, 2007
The Knowledge Foundation announced today the final Program for the 3rd Lithium Mobile Power conference which will be held in San Diego, CA from October 29-30, 2007.
According to Dr. Serge Pan, Vice President of Program Development at The Knowledge Foundation, "Recent significant innovations in lithium-ion batteries have propelled this technology to a position in the marketplace far exceeding market survey expectations. From a vast array of portable applications, to micro medical devices, to high-power automotive, these breakthroughs have paved the way for an emerging market with unlimited potential." More than 100 organizations from around the world attended last year's conference in Miami Beach, FL.
Drawing upon more than eight years of tracking developments in lithium battery and fuel cell research, Lithium Mobile Power will guide delegates from technology and materials development, through device packaging and integration, to applications in a mobile power marketplace. The list of confirmed speakers includes:
- Soonho Ahn, PhD, LG Chem Research Park
- Jan L. Allen, PhD, U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- Khalil Amine, PhD, National Laboratory
- James G. Bellingham, PhD, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Klaus Brandt, PhD, Lithium Technology Corporation (LTC)
- Sankar Das Gupta, PhD, Electrovaya Inc.
- Daphne Fuentevilla, Naval Surface Warfare Center
- Xiangming He, PhD, Tsinghua University
- Christian M. Julien, PhD, Université Paris6
- Tibor Kalnoki-Kis, PhD, Electro Energy, Inc.
- Victor R. Koch, PhD, Covalent Associates, Inc.
- Ramkumar Krishnan, Motorola Embedded Systems Research Labs
- Arumugam Manthiram, PhD, The University of Texas at Austin
- Hitoshi Matsumoto, Mitsubishi Chemical Group
- Sanjeev Mukerjee, PhD, Northeastern University
- Kamen Nechev, PhD, Saft Specialty Battery Group, SAFT
- Arno Perner, PhD, Varta Microbattery GmbH
- Thomas J. Richardson, PhD, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Stuart Robinson, Strategy Analytics
- E. Peter Roth, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
- Robin Sarah Tichy, PhD, Micro Power Electronics
- Hisashi Tsukamoto, PhD, Quallion LLC
- Steven J. Visco, PhD, PolyPlus Battery Company
- Margret Wohlfahrt-Mehrens, PhD, ZSW - Zentrum für Sonnenenergie- und Wasserstoff- Forschung
- Rachid Yazami, PhD, California Institute of Technology
- Karim Zaghib, PhD, Institut de Recherches á Hydro-Québec
About The Knowledge Foundation:
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing its members with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, The Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.
The Knowledge Foundation
18 Webster Street
Brookline, MA 02446
Phone: (617) 232-7400
Fax: (617) 232-9171
Director of Marketing
(617) 232-7400 ext. 203