Columbia, MD (PRWEB) September 19, 2007
BoxTone(R), the expert in mobile user management, today announced that The 451 Group, the technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, has released a 451 Market Insight Service report positioning BoxTone at the forefront of the BlackBerry management and monitoring software sector.
Titled "BoxTone sees a road to gold through BlackBerry mobile user management," the September 11, 2007 report was written by one of the industry's most influential experts on mobility: Tony Rizzo, The 451 Group's Research Director for Mobility. The report quickly drew parallels between BoxTone's rapid success attracting more than 80 large enterprise clients with 200,000 BlackBerry users under management, and Research in Motion's (RIM) steep rise in enterprise deployments.
"Being at the right place at the right time with the right product mix - that's an apt description of BoxTone and its platform. Having chosen to focus on RIM, it has the platform capability to match the challenges large vendors need to tackle. With RIM's enterprise growth exploding, BoxTone is well placed," said the report.
BoxTone for BlackBerry's comprehensive approach to management and monitoring was clearly a positive for the report's author.
"Tracking every individual user's experience (and problems when they arise) across multiple geographic locations, domains, servers (including BlackBerry Enterprise Server/MDS), internal enterprise networks and applications is nontrivial," noted the report. "Nor is the need to potentially scale to tens of thousands of users. These front-line services in turn feed back to help desks, IT operations, engineering and software development departments and, of course, to management (where the ROI is measured)."
The report also served up this appraisal of the BlackBerry management and monitoring software competitive landscape: "We think of the competition as being best defined as an odd lot ... None of (them) offers a complete platform along the lines of the BoxTone platform ..."
Designed for organizations with users in multiple geographic regions -- and spread across multiple BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) for Microsoft Exchange or IBM Lotus Domino and multiple wireless carriers -- BoxTone for BlackBerry software enables the IT organization to collaboratively understand actual end-to-end performance; detect and respond faster to service level issues with less effort; and proactively manage resources and growth. Key features and benefits of BoxTone software include:
- Dedicated alerts, consoles and dashboards that enable help desk, messaging teams, BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrators, engineering and management to seamlessly deliver high quality service at substantially lower cost
- Advanced, actionable alerting with numerous metrics and service-error analytics to proactively drive issue resolution before users are impacted
- Interactive, knowledgebase-driven diagnostics to speed understanding, troubleshooting and issue resolution -- born of real-world experience managing and monitoring the BlackBerry platform across all communication links
- Comprehensive data warehousing and reporting to help IT understand long-term performance and root out intermittent, hard to locate problems
- Handheld operations console so that wherever they go, IT can -- from a BlackBerry smartphone -- manage and monitor their BlackBerry users and supporting infrastructure. For a demonstration version, go to http://wherever.boxtone.com.
- Proven ability to scale to tens of thousands of users so that even the largest enterprises can support BlackBerry globally all from a single instance
- Seamless integration with other management tools such as HP OpenView, Microsoft Operations Manager and Systems Center Operations Manager.
BoxTone CEO Alan Synder said The 451 Group report is "just the latest in a series of customer, press and analyst validations of BoxTone's proven ability to maximize BlackBerry platform ROI; and of BoxTone's thought-leadership in the mobile and wireless space."
Read about the ROI Snyder was referring to, as well as the company's selection as a winner of the "Editor's Best Awards" in the Mobile and Wireless category by Penton Media's Windows IT Pro, by going to http://www.boxtone.com/BlackBerry-ROI/landing.html.
For a full copy of The 451 Group report, "BoxTone sees a road to gold through BlackBerry mobile user management," visit http://www.boxtone.com/451_Group_Report.aspx.
And to learn more about why so many Fortune 1000, professional services and governmental organizations have all turned to BoxTone for BlackBerry to manage and monitor their BlackBerry platforms, check out BoxTone for BlackBerry at http://www.boxtone.com/products/announcingV3.aspx.
BoxTone(R) -- the only software to measure and correlate every BlackBerry email and application flow for every user and group across all communication links -- is trusted by the world's leading enterprises and government agencies to manage and monitor their BlackBerry platforms. Armed with BoxTone's unprecedented 3-D visibility and role-specific consoles, IT help desk, operations and engineering can collaboratively reduce support costs, accommodate rapid device growth, and guarantee the high quality of service that mobile users demand. Learn more from the expert in mobile user management at http://www.boxtone.com.
BoxTone and the BoxTone logo are trademarks of BoxTone. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.