London, UK (PRWEB) September 19, 2007
PDF3D® technology enables publishing interactive 3D technical reports, harnessing the free Adobe® PDF Reader. Existing PDF reports can now be edited in-place to include 3D view ports onto 3D models. Technical reporting allows full text annotation generation and legends to accompany 3D view ports. This release from Visual Technology Services empowers knowledge transfer and collaborative sharing of 3D technical analysis to teams across the enterprise through standard PDF documents.
PDF3D SDK version 1.4.0 latest release of the popular toolkit includes the following new features:
- Injection of 3D view ports into existing PDF template pages - updating/editing PDF documents in place adding 3D interactivity within pre-defined layouts, or add additional pages to existing documents, or creation of entirely new 3D PDF documents. Injection of 3D view port allows exact page placement to correspond with template PDF layout schemes.
- Technical Report Generation - creation of new PDF pages with 3D views, titles, captions and legends coupled to 3D view objects. Technical and scientific analysis results can now be published through dynamic output to PDF pages with technical annotation directly from metadata.
- Legend facility – allows annotating quantitative 3D objects with discrete identifying legend or continuous color (temperature-bar) numerical legends. Value to color assignment may be matched to 3D object through API functions.
- 2D text, shape graphics, images API, extends PDF3D-SDK for both 2D and 3D PDF content creation facilities. Fonts, text colors, lines, boxes, circles, ellipses, etc. can now be placed on output PDF pages in addition to interactive 3D view ports.
- STL to PDF3D Converter allows conversion of manufacturing and rapid prototyping STL (Stereo Lithography) 3D models to freely distributable interactive 3D PDF documents.
“With the new features ISVs and application developers can now add 3D PDF Technical Report functionality to their applications,” noted Ian Curington, CEO of Visual Technology Services. “When 3D analysis results are embedded in a PDF file, all collaborative recipients can interact in 3D using rotate, zoom, pan, set transparency, explore and review results on 3D models while referring to meaningful technical annotations and financial content in the document. Starting with PDF technical report templates really streamlines the work-flow for authors.”
PDF3D SDK is used by scientists, engineers, researchers and software vendors to enable improved communication through the PDF standard. The release comes with source examples, technical manual and full API reference. PDF3D-SDK is available for OEM/ISV integration within commercial products or for server deployment. A suite of examples is now available as an online gallery, see the website for details.
PDF3D is a specialized technical publishing technology from the dynamic and innovative Visual Technology Services with unique visualization skills specializing in the delivery of customer solutions with specialized analysis, leveraging skills and IP in interactive graphics, novel display techniques and data visualization with clients in mechanical engineering analysis, defense, aerospace, nanotechnology, microelectronics, material science, geology and geophysics.
PDF3D Division, Visual Technology Services Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)7787 517529, Web: http://www.pdf3d.co.uk