Seattle, WA (PRWEB) September 20, 2007
It's a creative writing contest for those with a flair for ad copy. The publisher has chosen a contest as a means to singling out the most enticing ad copy for their product.
"That way the publisher gets to choose from a pool of creative thinkers and the contest winner gets a nice $500 check," says owner Yitzchak Goldman. "You help us, we help you."
And the campaign? To spread the news that Neeman House is slashing the price of its new hardcover title, The Soul Diet, by 50% and applying free shipping.
"Of course this is a worthwhile promotion in and of itself," Goldman says. "But I want the ad to rise beyond the standard fare of in-your-face blaring announcements of a special discount. I'd like to see some subtlety, some creative genius on display. Make me laugh, make me cry, make me go Aha!"
How the contest works:
1. Contestants create ad copy for the promotion as if it were to appear in a newspaper, magazine or online publication. The copy must include the details of the promotion, which are listed below. If some details are intentionally omitted in the copy, contestants should explain their reasoning at the back of their submissions.
2. Ad copy can be of any length, but contestants should bear in mind that they would probably need to display some exceptionally compelling creativity in order to justify lengthy or wordy copy.
3. Graphics and art or suggestions of graphics and art are acceptable but not necessary. Great ad copy will gain favor with or without any graphics.
4. Submissions should be snail mailed only to Ad Copy Contest, Neeman House Publishers, 5135 South Garden Street, Seattle, WA 98118, postmarked by November 30th, 2007. Be sure to include contact information. The winner and runners-up will be contacted by January 15th, 2008
Promotion details (to be included in the ad copy):
1. The book will be offered at $12.50 instead of its $24.95 retail price. In addition, shipping is free anywhere within the continental United States. Washington Sales Tax not included.
2. Customers will need to send the publisher a web-form on http://www.souldiet.com with the following information, in order to qualify for the promotion:
-The Promotional Code: "Live it and Diet"
-Their name and mailing address.
They should not order the book online or they will be charged the full retail price.
3. An invoice for $12.50 will be sent with the book in the mail.
4. Promotion begins September 20th, 2007 and lasts until April 1st, 2008.
There is no entry fee. Contestants may participate in the promotion itself. Can contestants enter more than once? "No. Only one entry per person. Nice try, though." No purchase necessary. Contestants must be 18 or older to enter. Entries void where prohibited by law. One Grand Prize of $500. The judges' decision is final. Winning contestant must concede any rights to the ad copy to the publisher. Information about contestants will not be shared with any party. For further rules and guidelines, or any questions, contact the publisher through souldiet.com