Osprey, FL (PRWEB) September 23, 2007
Kusnetzky Group, Inc. today posted Virtualization for Consolidation and Optimization of System Resources, another position paper intended to review the forces changing the market for information technology in general and virtualization technology in specific. These position papers are written by the well known software analyst, Daniel Kusnetzky, who is now the Principal Analyst and President, Kusnetzky Group Inc. This paper can be found on the Kusnetzky Group, Inc. website.
Organizations have many goals in mind when selecting virtualization technology. Depending upon the organization's goal, different layers of virtualization technology present the best solution. Here's a quick review of goals some organizations have for creating a virtualized environment:
- Agility -- Optimize use of systems, deal with a rapidly changing environment, reduce time and complexity of installation
- Availability or reliability -- keeping applications and services online and available in order to avoid the costs of downtime
- Consolidation -- Merging applications or services onto a small number of systems to avoid the costs due to hardware and maintenance of hardware.
- Performance -- Complete tasks more quickly by applying more systems
- Scalability -- Get more work done by applying more systems allowing more work to be done, revenues to be increased and more FreeCell games to be completed in a given unit of time
- Unified management environment -- Manage a number of systems as a single entity to simply management and reduce the costs due to administration and operations
How organizations came to need a consolidation strategy, what virtualization tools are available to address this need and which of those tools might be best will be considered in this paper.
About Kusnetzky Group
Kusnetzky Group, a business unit of Acuity Group LLC, brings decades of experience in all areas of the solution life cycle. It offers deep expertise in research, product planning, product development, and product marketing in the following areas: Virtualization technology, System software, Collaborative and personal productivity applications, Developing and deploying Web-based viral marketing campaigns. For more information, please visit http://www.kusnetzky.net.