Toronto, ON (PRWEB) September 26, 2007
NBS Technologies, a leading supplier of automated wafer packing/unpacking/sorting equipment is proud to announce the introduction of the WPC EVO next generation 300mm tool.
The WPC EVO sets a new industry leading standard in wafer handling tools. Developed by NBS' semiconductor group in Rousset, France, the WPC EVO provides the capability to fully automate wafer packing, unpacking and sorting processes between industry standard cassettes, FOUP/FOSB and Horizontal Wafer Shippers.
"NBS' semiconductor customers have asked for improved throughput, versatility and reduced breakage to significantly reduce the cost of shipping finished wafers in coin stack format Horizontal Wafer Shippers." said Kirk Hamilton, President and CEO of NBS Technologies. "The WPC EVO addresses their requests with high speed, high quality wafer handling incorporating complete traceability to allow our customers to fully exploit the cost saving benefits of horizontal wafer shipping processes."
The WPC EVO represents a significant leap forward in wafer packing and sorting automation with tangible benefits including:
- Leading edge Cost Of Ownership and Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Completely manages the logistics process (100% traceability)
- Full range (thick or thin) wafer handling
- Significant reduction in wafer shipping costs
- Significant reduction in packing material storage costs
- Significant reduction in wafer breakage and cosmetic defects caused by manual handling processes
- Operates in a fully automated environment (SECS/GEM300 Standard)
For more information about NBS, WPC EVO and our complete line of semiconductor solutions, please consult our website at http://www.nbstech.com.