Naperville, IL (PRWEB) September 26, 2007
Wizdom Education, a special education planning and management company, announces today that the company will provide training to General Abuse and Neglect Investigators of the Illinois Department of the Inspector General (DHS OIG). The training is part of the State of Illinois General Abuse and Neglect Prevention Project, which serves individuals with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses who reside in facilities throughout the State of Illinois.
Wizdom's role is part of the OIG's overall effort to stop the rising incidences of abuse and neglect through five projects in 2008 that address improvements in clinical expertise, investigator training, public awareness, law enforcement education, and incident response, including obtaining contractual expertise in clinical issues and training.
"Our experience leads us to conclude that it is those who sometimes cannot defend or speak for themselves who are most vulnerable to injury or abuse or harm by others. We applaud the OIG's efforts to eventually reduce the incidence of abuse and neglect of individuals with disabilities,"says Phil Vitkus, Wizdom's Director of Instructional Services.
Wizdom's professional training staff will:
- Develop and conduct training of OIG investigators and of staff in programs under OIG's jurisdiction who have a role in investigating.
- Thoroughly analyze existing investigative training.
- Create an ongoing professional development program for OIG's investigative staff.
- Develop a public awareness campaign including information packets for the public and various law enforcement entities.
- Modify an existing nationally recognized investigative training program in interviewing and interrogation to accommodate the challenges and abilities of interviewing individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities.
About Wizdom Education
Wizdom Education is a Division of Wizdom Systems, a Naperville, Illinois based company that has been providing government and corporate clients with business process reengineering, instructional design, and special education software and services since 1986. Wizdom's host of special education products and services include:
- Wizdom TransPlanner! - helps students with disabilities, their case managers, and their parents do effective transition planning, and bridge the gap that often exists between schools and community service providers. Developed with funding from the U.S. Department of Education
- MyTransPlanner! - Personal online home version for web-based transition plans
- LiveIEP!- an easy-to-use IEP program that puts the power of the web into the hands of special education case managers, and lets case managers and other school staff do work without depending upon network availability.
- EducationLive! - a web service that allows school and community service providers to self maintain and broadcast their specific services to the public and to their school and community customers automatically.
For more information about Wizdom Education, please contact Phil Vitkus at 630-357-3000 ext. 3014.