Many of the top international fashion labels these days outsource their manufacturing, often sacrificing quality
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 27, 2007
Many markets are embracing the advantages of going global, and the fashion industry is no different. Today's freshest designs are coming from international designers, who are filling a void in the fashion industry: high style at affordable prices. On Tuesday, October 16, 2007, buyers will have the chance to preview some of the industry's leading international Korean designers as their fashion collections make their New York debut at the 'Fashion Market Day', from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Manhattan's exclusive 3 West Club Penthouse (3 West 51st St.).
As Andre Kim, South Korea's most famous and powerful fashion designer states in the New York Times full-page article on Korean fashion (9/15/2007) "Fashion should portray grace, intellectual and artistic beauty, youthful energy…not too classic". In that vein, MZI Global Marketing is organizing a unique fashion event in New York City - 'Fashion Market Day' - featuring top upcoming and established Korean fashion brands, after their West Coast introduction. As South Korea has opened up since the 1980s and Western clothing has been made popular, talented Korean fashion designers are ready to "strut their stuff" in this one-day buyers' market event.
During this one-day event, established Korean fashion designers and manufacturers will introduce their collections, which combine European designer inspiration with the vibrancy of a vanguard edge. Presenting clothing of various categories and price ranges, 'Fashion Market Day' will be a unique opportunity for apparel and accessory buyers to view an exciting, eclectic merchandise mix, including day, evening and professional styles for men and women.
"Many of the top international fashion labels these days outsource their manufacturing, often sacrificing quality," said Milena Kovachevich, New York fashion consultant. "The Fashion Market Day's high-end designers have the unique distinction of creating their products in Korea, which is known for high-quality manufacturing as well as competitive pricing. These brands offer the ideal combination of cutting-edge fashion trends and consumer-friendly pricing that American retailers desire."
Tuesday's 'Fashion Market Day' presents a diverse cross section of international fashion leaders, making this a one-stop shop for any buyer seeking innovative trends for today's demanding markets. The event will showcase seven ready-to-wear labels: 'Brand', 'British Knights Korea', 'An Yoon Jung Ans', 'Color Field', 'Mee You International', 'Over Rolls', and 'Irreh Leather.' Each of the exhibitors focuses on creating a diverse selection of trendy and inspiring fashions to provide customers with innovative product launches all year round.
- The 'Brand' collection features fibers that are very easy to maintain for a fast-paced lifestyle and beautiful romantic vintage style with easy-to-wear fashions that fit the urban lifestyle of youthful Americans. Incorporating handmade details such as three-dimensional floral motifs, bows and faux pearls, each item from the collection enables customers to express their individuality and creativity for any age group.
- 'British Knights Korea' is a premium priced-casual wear line with good quality materials and trendy designs. This famous brand offers trendy "cool" youth oriented fashions, easily adapted for today's diverse eccentric generation Y styling. Originating in the US ten years ago as a unique sneaker and footwear design company, it has become the leading apparel youth brand in Korea. It is reentering the US market based on its smashing success in the youth market in Korea. (http://www.britishknights.co.kr).
- The 'An Yoon Jung Ans' brand is a trend leader incorporating denim with appliqué detailing and tapestry insertions as a "couture" luxury dressing for the baby boomer market. (http://www.ansmode.co.kr).
- 'Color Field' creates luxurious textiles for sleep and lounge wear for both comfort and casual lifestyles. With Color Field's wide range of creative designs and premium fabric materials, every woman can have the unique pair of pajamas perfect for her.
- The 'Mee You International', featuring St. John inspired luxury knitwear suits collection, combines Swarovski crystals and intricate hand-sewing techniques to produce wearable art. In February 2006, the company was awarded the "Brand of the Year" prize and received the "Emerging CEO Award" for its leading role in Korean fashion. (http://www.meeyou.co.kr).
- 'Over Rolls', a high fashion line for young adult women, focuses on employing classic design and subtle accents to accentuate the natural curves of the female form, enabling their customers to express their individuality with chic confidence.
- 'Irreh Leather' creates casual leather outwear well suited for those with an active lifestyle, combining the classic elegance of leather with modern styling, perfectly in tune for the metropolitan mavens who want to capture their inner cowboy. (http://www.irreh.co.kr).
Each of the exhibitors is a women-owned enterprise, sponsored by the 'Small Business Corporation' (SBC) of Korea (http://www.sbc.or.kr/eng/) in conjunction with the 'Korean Women Entrepreneurs Association' (KWEA) (http://www.womanbiz.or.kr). MZI Global Marketing (http://www.mziglobal.com) is producing and promoting this fashion buyers event by introducing these Korean fashion labels to new international markets.
About Small Business Corporation of Korea (SBC)
Since its foundation as a non-profit government agency in 1979, SBC has been committed to fostering and promoting Korean small and medium sized businesses. SBC understands that excellence comes in different sizes and offers assistance to Korean businesses in entering the U.S. market. With a regional headquarters office located in New Jersey, it provides a variety of support services such as training, marketing, and financial assistance in order to increase the global competitiveness of Korean businesses. For more information, please visit http://www.sbc.or.kr/eng.
About Korean Women Entrepreneurs Association (KWEA)
Under the leadership of its president, Yoon-Jung Ahn, owner of leading fashion brand An Yoon Jung Ans, KWEA partners with American women leaders to improving the interests of businesswomen and their business activities. KWEA's objectives are to enhance businesswomen's position, to protect their interests by supporting the growth of businesses owned by women, and to promote the economic development of Korean women. For more information, please visit http://www.womanbiz.or.kr.
About MZI Global Marketing
MZI Global Marketing is an award-winning, full-service integrated marketing and advertising firm that creates and executes effective high-tech solutions for their clients across a wide spectrum of industries. Under the leadership of president and CEO Mira Zivkovich, recipient of the 2007 Ellis Island Medal of Honor, MZI Global Marketing puts its international, multicultural marketing expertise, a mastery of interactive marketing strategies, and custom publishing prowess to work for clients that aim to build their businesses on a global scale. MZI Global Marketing is committed to guiding its clients from initial strategy to well executed solutions, helping them surmount any challenge and achieve their every business goal. For more information, please visit http://www.mziglobal.com.