We are very pleased to announce the release of S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server
Seattle, Wash. (PRWEB) September 25, 2007
Insightful Corporation (NASDAQ: IFUL), a leading provider of predictive analytics and reporting solutions, announced today the immediate availability of S-PLUS® 8 Enterprise Server, the latest release of Insightful's software platform for statistical data analysis and predictive analytics.
S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server provides organizations with the ability to deploy predictive analytics across the enterprise for improved communication and decision-making. Insightful delivers the knowledge to act immediately and decisively, assisting customers in improving operations and enhancing their competitive advantage.
Key Features in S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server:
- Greater Scalability: The server architecture allows for robust and efficient processing of analytic jobs including load balancing across server clusters. Synchronous and asynchronous access, queuing and scheduling of jobs provides greater flexibility for better performance during peak processing times. Support for 64 bit platforms and out-of-memory processing allow for greater volumes of data to be analyzed faster than with previous versions.
- Improved Security: Single sign-on or pass through authentication through either LDAP or Microsoft® Active Directory® is supported. Encryption is supported through HTTPS or SSL protocols.
S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server: Continuing Evolution for Enterprise Deployment
S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server is specifically designed to support the enterprise wide deployment and integration of analytic applications and reporting. The key benefits provided to customers are:
- Improved communication: Results and measurements can be presented in easy-to-understand graphic displays. Decision makers get all of the information they need in an easy-to-understand format for full comprehension of the data being analyzed.
- Timely, fact-based decisions: Rapid response to queries and desktop delivery of results through a web-based portal or custom rich client integration provides decision makers fast and statistically rigorous results upon which to make vital choices for the health of their business.
- Low total cost of ownership: Perpetual licensing coupled with support for popular IT deployment standards make maintenance of the S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server a much more cost effective alternative to competitive systems.
S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server is available today for the following server environments:
- 32 Bit: Windows, Solaris 8/9/10
- 32 Bit & 64 Bit: Red Hat Linux 3,4, SUSE Linux 10
- In addition, 64 Bit: HP-UX 11i. IBM AIX 5.x will be available later this year.
"We are very pleased to announce the release of S-PLUS 8 Enterprise Server," said Jeff Coombs, CEO of Insightful. "We are committed to a process of continuous improvement in performance and reliability of our production platform in support of our customers' enterprise deployment of predictive analytics and reporting applications."
Insightful Corporation (NASDAQ:IFUL) is a provider of predictive analytics and reporting solutions. Insightful products S-PLUS®, Insightful Miner™, and S-PLUS® Enterprise Server allow companies to perform sophisticated statistical data analysis, data mining and create high-quality graphical reporting from numeric data. Insightful has been delivering industry-leading, high-ROI solutions to thousands of companies in financial services, life sciences, biotechnology, telecommunications, and manufacturing, plus government and research institutions, for 20 years. Headquartered in Seattle, Insightful has offices in New York, North Carolina, France, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, with distributors around the world. For more information, visit http://www.insightful.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-569-0123.
Note to Investors - Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements about the potential performance and advantages of our new product release and the potential value of our new product release to customers. Forward-looking statements are based on the judgment and opinions of management at the time the statements are made. Inaccurate assumptions and known and unknown risks and uncertainties can affect the accuracy of forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements for a number of reasons, including, without limitation, the risk that our new product release does not perform as designed and expected and the risk that this product release does not achieve market acceptance. More detailed information regarding these and other factors that could affect actual results is set forth in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent report on Form 10-QSB. You should not unduly rely on these forward-looking statements, which apply only as of the date of this release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated events.
For Insightful Corporation