Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) September 28, 2007
Ameraguard Sprayed Bedliners knows all too well that when the long sunny days quickly give way to cold, rain and the occasional premature snowflakes, it is a good sign that truck owners will begin preparing their vehicle's truck bed for the fall and winter months.
But one precaution any motorist of any vehicle can take to see if they are "good to go" for the road is to take the following survey. If the answer is a definite "yes" to all of the eight questions, they are ready for travel this fall and winter. If there's a "no" response on any one, well, there may be some further maintenance required by the motorist.
1. Do you consider yourself a defensive driver and use common sense to adjust your driving habits during adverse weather conditions?
2. Do you maintain a full gas tank to lower condensation for increased fuel mileage?
3. Do you follow the rule of thumb of not to use overdrive in cold or freezing temperatures?
4. Do you know that four-wheel drive make give you better "get-up and go" but it won't stop your vehicle any faster?
5. Did you know that if you add the weight of a spray-on bedliner to the rear of your truck it provides greater traction? The additional 50 pounds from an Ameraguard Sprayed On Bedliner will give a driver greater opportunity to deter rear wheel skids plus the skid-resistant coating will be handy in wet conditions when loading/unloading work or personal stuff.
6. Is your vehicle equipped with the necessary emergency supplies -- like jumper cables, tow chain, shovel, and flashlights -- if you and your passengers are stranded?
7. Does your vehicle have a breakdown kit? The basic items include food, water, first-aid kit, road flares, plus warm clothing and accessories as blankets, gloves, boots, and hats.
8. Is the heater and defroster working properly?
These are but a few of the Basic 101 Vehicle Maintenance Tips that any motorist can follow to ensure a smoother and safer ride this winter for family and friends. Other maintenance checkpoints include checking the fluids regularly; maintaining a strong battery; and that all the headlights are shining brightly.
For more information on how vehicles owners can better prepare their car or truck for the seasons' change, when the weather turns bad and rust and corrosion begins to show signs of attacking the exposed metal like a truck bed, visit http://www.ameraguard.com or call toll-free 1-866-366-7035.