Kansas City, MO (PRWEB) September 28, 2007
In support of their new, acclaimed album, "A New Reflection," Pomeroy will hit the road with a multi-state headlining tour. After 10 years of solid experience, Pomeroy will debut the fresh pop rock songs off their new album, at various venues around the Midwest. The tour launches in Des Moines, IA, on October 12, 2007 and will continue through the fall (see provisional itinerary below).
Fans and critics alike have started to praise Pomeroy as they emerge from their former funk rap-rocker ensemble and graduate into a respectable, sexy, pop rock group. Although talent was never an issue, they have refined their craft into near perfection.
According to lead singer, David Fairbanks, "This album has become much more than just 11 songs on a CD. It has become the battle cry behind this bands evolution. It is the axis around which Pomeroy now spins and has ultimately led to our creative rebirth. It is fresh, it's different and it's the best collective work of art we have ever produced."
Pomeroy's single from the new album, "The Beat Goes On" is currently being spun approximately 200-plus times per week on top 40 radio. The most noteworthy of these stations is Sirius Hits One [the fourth largest radio station in the United States], who is spinning the single ten times a week. They are also receiving Top 40 airplay in New York, California, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, New Mexico, North Dakota, Washington, Minnesota, Ohio, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and The Virgin Islands, with more stations and states being added to that list every week.
Guitarist Matt Marron says, "Our live show has always been our home run ball. Now it will be our record. We're in a very different situation because we have to scale up our live show to match the intensity of our new album. Expect a live show like you've never seen before. It's going to be in your face -- and quite moving."
Tentative tour itinerary:
- Oct. 12 @ Peoples, Des Moines, IA
- Oct. 13 @ The Waiting Room, Omaha, NE
- Oct. 17 @ Foxtown City Limits, Mulberry, KS
- Oct. 18 @ The Granada Theater, Lawrence, KS
- Oct. 19 @ Cunningham's Journal, Kearney, NE
- Oct. 25 @ The Reverb, Cedar Falls, IA
- Oct. 26 @ The Reverb, Cedar Falls IA
- Oct. 27@ Devon's on the Dam, Independence, IA
- Oct. 30 @ Josie's, Emporia, KS
- Oct. 31 @ The Kat House Lounge, Manhattan, KS
- Nov. 1 @ Knickerbocker's, Lincoln, NE
- Nov. 2 @ The Foundry, Boulder, CO
- Nov. 3 @ Herman's Hideaway, Denver, CO
- Nov. 4 @ Hodi's Half Note, Ft. Collins CO
- Nov. 6 @ The Wild Rose, Hays, KS
- Nov. 7 @ The Blue Goat, Salina, KS
- Nov. 8 @ The Blue Fugue, Columbia, MO
- Nov. 9 @ The Double Door, Chicago, IL
- Nov. 12 @ High Dive, Urbana, IL
- Nov. 13 or 14 @ Venue TBA, Minneapolis, MN
- Nov. 23 @ The Beaumont Club, Kansas City, MO
Pomeroy first made their mark when they released the song "Robo Flow" from their debut album Inside the Shine in 1999. After passing up various offers from prominent music labels, they released two other records, Cocoon Club in 2001 and Identity in 2004. Their DVD/EP titled Live at the Blue Note was later released in 2005 and garnered rave reviews. Pomeroy is now back two years later with an epic record created with intentions of being extraordinary, timeless and reflective of their growth as a group and rebirth as new artists. On October 9, 2007 Pomeroy will release their new album, "A New Reflection." Pomeroy's hit single from the album, "The Beat Goes On" is currently being spun 200+ times per week on top 40 radio. Additionally, the group is setting off their album launch with an intensive 30-city tour starting on October 12, 2007.
For more information on Pomeroy, media inquiries, CD review requests or tour information, please contact Mona Loring at contact @ monaloring.com.
# # #