Parsippany, NJ (PRWEB) September 29, 2007
National Fire Prevention Week, taking place October 7-13, is quickly approaching and marks an ideal time to teach children about fire safety. International Playthings, Inc.'s award-winning Mighty World line of toys, which includes numerous Emergency services-themed play sets, is working to help parents facilitate the fire safety discussion with the following list of safety tips from Mighty World's firefighter Diego:
1. Never touch matches, candles or lighters. Make sure you tell an adult immediately if you see matches or a lighter in a room.
2. Always cook with an adult present.
3. Remind your parents to turn pot handles toward the center of the stove.
4. Don't stick anything in an electric socket.
5. Never hang anything on a lamp, heater, or radiator.
6. Always let an adult know if there is any kind of smoke or fire in your house.
7. If there is a fire, get out fast.
8. Once you are out of the house, call 9-1-1 immediately.
9. In case of fire, develop an escape plan with your parents. Plan for two possible escape routes out of your house. Practice your escape plan with your parents several times a year.
10. Stay low to the floor when escaping a fire, as smoke rises and makes it difficult to see.
Mighty World is a comprehensive, exciting line of play figures, accessories, and play sets designed to foster children's imagination and creativity by encouraging them to create, experience and explore their own world of pretend play.
One of the five distinct Mighty World themes is the "Emergency" series. The true-to-life character toys in the Emergency series are an excellent platform for adults to teach children about fire safety and prevention.
(Pictured: Mighty World's Fire Brigade)
For additional tips, visit the Mighty World website, http://www.mightyworld.com, where all the Mighty World characters come to life with personal blogs and fun activities.
About Mighty World
Mighty World is a comprehensive range of true-to-life play figures, accessories and play sets designed to capture the attention of modern-day children. Mighty World was designed to foster creativity and imagination by encouraging children to create, experience and explore their own worlds of pretend play. Every Mighty World figure is an important member of the Mighty Town community, which encompasses five themes in Adventure, Armed Forces, Construction, Emergency and Town Life.
The highly detailed, true-to-life design of Mighty World's characters and accessories extend play value for children because they mirror the child's real-life surroundings. More information on the individual characters, their stories, roles, relationships and environments can be found at http://www.mightyworld.com.
About International Playthings, Inc. (IPI)
Since its inception in 1967, IPI has excelled in the delivery of innovative and entertaining products with integrity, superior play value and child developmental qualities to consumers. Over the course of its 40-year existence, IPI has grown to become one of the largest and most respected suppliers of quality products to the North American specialty industry.
A subsidiary of Grand Toys International, Limited, (Nasdaq: GRIN), IPI offers a comprehensive range of proprietary and distributed brands comprising a wide variety of award winning play things including games, infant toys, preschool toys, dolls, educational toys and activity toys. Additional information on IPI, its brands and individual products can be found at http://www.intplay.com.