Bridgewater, NJ (PRWEB) October 2, 2007
Balducci's stores will be having their first ever Greek Festival celebrating the rich array of Greek Foods from September 29th through October 21st. Demeter's Pantry, an importer of all natural and organic specialty foods from Greece is one of the major participants with more than 40 featured products. Demeter's Pantry's wide ranging assortment provides a culinary feast of the best artisan and natural products from Greece today. Customers will be able to enjoy these products at sampling demos every Saturday between 11-2:00 p.m. in Balducci's stores. Unique and delicious Greek food products featured include:
- Taste of Crete's PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a Gold Medal winner in the 2006 International Olive Oils of the World Competition. Taste of Crete's line of Evangelia's Traditional Greek Olive Oil Cookies, available in three varieties (with wine, with orange juice and grape petimezi) all cholesterol free and vegan.
- Apipharm Honeys come from various regions of Greece, with distinctive flavors, and aromas. The honeys are raw, meaning not boiled or heated, so they retain their naturally occurring enzymes, antioxidants and nutrients. Customers can experience thyme and wildflower from the Aegean Islands, heather from Sterea Hellas, fir from the mountains of Vitina, Peloponnesus and wildflower from Greek Macedonia. New unique products are Apipharm Honey and Nut Spreads made with all raw ingredients in original and kid varieties. These are great to spread on crackers or for kid's school sandwiches.
- Biolea from the Astrikas Estate in Crete, Greece. Food & Wine Magazine ranked Biolea Stone Ground Organic Olive Oil as number four on their list of Must Have's for 2007. Biolea Lemon Oil is a stone ground pressing of organic olives and lemons for a unique and amazingly flavored taste sensation.
- Mylelia is a line of savories, jams, preserves, flavored vinegars, and honey desserts that truly represent the richness and diversity of Greek flavors. Mylelia is based on traditional family recipes using local ingredients and traditional methods of cooking that maintain the integrity of food and give intense and earthy flavors. They have received international awards and recognition. Exclusively available at Balducci's for the Greek Festival, an impressive range of both savory and sweet products will be offered. A few include such unusual combinations as quince and almonds preserves and figs with ginger and chocolate in honey.
- Anydros Organic Tomato Caviar from the island of Santorini is a spread incredibly rich in flavor and complexity. Grown on volcanic soil, it is a product of arid agriculture and slow cooking which retain the amazing flavor and micro-nutrients of these tomatoes unique to Santorini. It is wonderful on canapés or added to soups or sauces as a final touch to enhance their flavor.
- The Greek Table line of fresh prepared, ready to eat Greek meals produced in the U.S. will debut at Balducci stores in Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia. Based on the traditional family recipes of Demeter's Pantry owners, The Greek Table is a line of healthy mouth-watering selections that will make consumers feel as if they are transported to Greece with their first bite.
Join Demeter's Pantry tastings in each Balducci's location during the Greek festival for a first hand sampling of these unique products. Every week a different assortment of their products will be featured. Maria Kardamaki Robertson, one of the principals of Demeter's Pantry states "We are pleased to be part of the first ever Balducci's Greek Festival enabling us to introduce Balducci's customers to the wonderful products we import as well as The Greek Table line we created in the U.S. It gives us the opportunity to share with them a bit about Greece, its healthy Mediterranean diet and culture." Esther Luongo Psarakis, also co-owner of Demeter's Pantry adds "These tastings will let consumers see that Greek cuisine is far more varied than what they may have previously experienced"
Demeter's Pantry is a women-owned import company with a strong focus on supporting artisan, women and agricultural cooperatives in Greece. Their award winning products are sold in leading natural and gourmet specialty stores. They were finalists in the Boston 2007 Make Mine a Million Business Program for Women Entrepreneurs. . Additional information on the company and its products can be found at http://www.demeterspantry.com
Information on the Balducci's Greek Festival can be found at http://www.balduccis.com.