Burlington, MA (PRWEB) October 1, 2007
Klocwork today announced that Gwyn Fisher will demonstrate how Klocwork's automated source code analysis can be used directly within the Rational Application Developer environment to enable the best defense against check-in of potentially crippling coding errors. The introduction of security and quality bugs in code can be prevented by enabling developers to find bugs early in the software lifecycle before check-in of new code. Fisher will outline how secure, quality code can be produced with IBM Rational Application Developer and IBM Rational ClearCase by integrating Klocwork source code analysis early in the development process.
Attendees will learn:
- What automated source code analysis is, and how it is best applied within an existing development process;
- How polluting the source code management system with avoidable errors causes measurable downstream risk to company performance;
- How static analysis, the technology behind automated source code analysis, works;
- What kind of errors even the best programmers and development teams fail to catch;
- How to leverage automated source code analysis within the Rational Application Developer environment; and,
- How Klocwork's enterprise solution integrates with IBM Rational ClearCase and other enterprise infrastructure such as directory systems and security policies.
The content of this presentation will be largely technical in nature, using open source code examples in both C/C++ and Java to show the value of static source code analysis and to demonstrate that serious bugs can even escape the thousands of eyes reviewing open source code.
Gwyn Fisher, CTO of Klocwork, has more than 15 years of global technology experience. Prior to joining Klocwork, Fisher served as senior vice president of research and development for LumaPath, where he led the creation of LumaPath's Active Integration product suite. Prior to LumaPath, he was the senior vice president of research and development with Hummingbird, Ltd., where he had operational responsibility for more than 350 employees and five product lines within 11 different locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition to working as a strategy consultant for many international software firms, Fisher has also held positions with PC DOCS, Inc., Fulcrum Technologies, Ltd., TRIP Systems International, and Paralog Ltd. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from Royal Holloway College at London University in the U.K.
To register, paste the following link into your browser's address bar: http://www.rational-ug.org/ibmwebinar.php#3.
Who: Gwyn Fisher, CTO of Klocwork, a leading provider of automated source code analysis technology
What: Webinar: "Secure, High Quality Code with IBM Rational Application Developer & IBM Rational ClearCase - Klocwork Source Code Analysis Integrated with your Software Lifecycle"
When: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:00 p.m. ET
How: To register for the Webinar, please visit: http://www.rational-ug.org/ibmwebinar.php#3
Klocwork is an enterprise software company providing automated source code analysis products that automate security vulnerability and quality risk assessment, remediation and measurement for C/C++ and Java software. More than 200 organizations have integrated Klocwork's automated source code analysis tools into their development process, thereby:
- Reducing risk by assuring their code is free of mission-critical flaws
- Reducing cost by catching issues early in the development cycle
- Freeing developers to focus on what they do best - innovate
Contact Klocwork for more information at http://www.klocwork.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Klocwork and the Klocwork logo are registered trademarks of Klocwork, Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
# # #