They serve as models to the rest of us how to bounce back, say yes to opportunities, ask for what they want, and walk forward in the face of fear.
Saint Paul, MN (PRWEB) October 3, 2007
October 3, 2007 - Ann Tardy, Founder and CEO of LifeMoxie! Enterprises, announced today the annual list of the Top 25 Women with Moxie in America. Tardy created the annual award to honor women who demonstrate an abundance of moxie in how they live and work, and in the contributions they make to their community and the world.. The list includes politicians, entertainers, activists and others who continue to create moxie in the course of their lifetime. The release of the list coincides with the launch of Tardy's new book, LifeMoxie! Ambition on a Mission, 9 Strategies for Taking Life by the Horns.
"I picked these particular women not because they were the most well known, but because each one of them demonstrated an extraordinary amount of moxie, often in the face of incredible opposition," said Tardy. "They serve as models to the rest of us how to bounce back, say yes to opportunities, ask for what they want, and walk forward in the face of fear." The list includes comedienne Kathy Griffin, Senator Hillary Clinton, breast cancer activist Dr. Christine Horner and View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Top 25 Women with Moxie in America:
1. Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady
2. Hillary Clinton, United States Senator
3. Laurie David, Environmental Activist
4. Queen Latifah, Entertainer
5. Joi Gordon, CEO of Dress for Success
6. Dr. Christine Horner, Breast Cancer advocate
7. Katie Couric, Journalist
8. JK Rowling, Author
9. Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of State
10. Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post
11. Madonna, Entertainer
12. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, co-host, The View
13. Melanie Troxel, Racecar Driver
14. Ann Milling, Founder, Women of the Storm
15. Dara Torres, Athlete
16. Marie Wilson, President, The White House Project
17. Ilyse Hogue, Activist and co-founder of smartMeme
18. Susan Retik & Patti Quigley, Founders of Beyond the 11th
19. Lisa Ling, Journalist
20. Christi Hefner, CEO of Playboy Enterprises
21. Mary Beth Lawton, Executive Chef
22. Donna Shalala, President, University of Miami
23. Kathy Griffin, Comedienne and Reality TV Star
24. Andrea Jung, CEO of Avon
25. Heather Mills, Activist
Ann Tardy launched LifeMoxie! Enterprises after a successful career as a Silicon Valley attorney. The organization provides tools, programs and mentoring geared towards gaining professional skills to create successful personal and professional endeavors. The LifeMoxie! program has been adopted by notable organizations including Dress for Success and NAWBO. Tardy herself has taught the principles of moxie to entities such as NASA and the Kennedy School for Government at Harvard.
About LifeMoxie! Ambition on a Mission: Ann Tardy, former Silicon Valley attorney and founder of LifeMoxie!® Enterprises, provides the 9 Strategies for Taking Life by the Horns in her new book, an exuberant path to more meaning, more fun, and ultimately more fulfillment. With compelling examples of moxie from both celebrities and everyday people, Tardy describes the nine strategies necessary to help her readers forget about their fear, and jump into the life they were meant to lead.
About LifeMoxie! Enterprises: LifeMoxie! Enterprises is the ambition-on-a-mission company. The organization teaches others how to create success by creating moxie. LifeMoxie! Enterprises includes the LifeMoxie! Community, an online network for learning life skills and gaining confidence tools; the LifeMoxie! Success Team, a group of coaches, trainers and mentors for individuals working on all aspects of their lives; and LifeMoxie! Corporate Solutions, training programs for companies committed to the professional development of their employees. More information is available at http://www.lifemoxie.com.