Huntington Beach, CA (PRWEB) October 6, 2007
The 5th Annual California Workers’ Comp Forum taking place October 17-19 at the Hyatt Regency, Huntington Beach, features keynote presentations from industry leaders will address these issues and provide critical updates and solutions to the continuing challenges in California workers’ comp.
Opening Keynote Addresses: Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner and Acting Administrative Director Carrie Nevans
Newly elected Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner will deliver the opening keynote address and provide an update on progress the Department of Insurance has made in achieving the goals and objectives identified in the "Strategic Plan for 2007" and what is on the horizon for the coming year. Acting Administrative Director Carrie Nevans will address how the DWC is assessing the impact of the reforms and their goals and objectives for 2008.
Other confirmed keynote speakers include:
- James C. Cuneo, Commissioner CALIFORNIA WORKERS’ COMPENSATION APPEALS BOARD
- Mark Webb, Vice President Governmental Relations EMPLOYERS DIRECT INSURANCE COMPANY
- Bill Zachry, Vice President - Workers’ Compensation SAFEWAY Chair, CALIFORNIA FRAUD ASSESSMENT COMMISSION
- Herb Schultz, Senior Health Policy Advisor OFFICE OF GOVERNOR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
- Tina Coakley, Legislative & Regulatory Analyst Environmental Affairs - Workers' Compensation THE BOEING COMPANY
- Sean McNally, Vice President, HR and Legal Counsel, GRIMMWAY FARMS Member, CHSWC
- Catherine Aguilar, Workers’ Compensation, SAN DIEGO COUNTY SCHOOLS, JPA Member, CHSWC
- Tom Rankin, President Emeritus CALIFORNIA AFL-CIO
Presentations by Leading California Employers and Top Legal and Medical Experts This year’s event will feature panel discussions and case study presentations from leading California employers who will share proven strategies and practical cost-containment solutions. The speaking faculty has over 50 presenters including: Boeing, Starbucks Coffee, Chevron, Safeway, Costco, Whole Foods, 20th Century Fox, Grimmway Farms, Mervyn’s, Foster Poultry Farms, San Diego County Schools, JPA, and the City of Long Beach.
Workers’ compensation attorneys will provide important case law and compliance updates with important information on how to avoid liability risks. Top medical experts from across the state will present best practices for the medical management of workers’ compensation claims. The California Workers’ Comp Forum has an Exhibit Hall of over 100 leading service providers and offers multiple opportunities to network and exchange ideas with industry practitioners and leaders during networking lunches, cocktail reception, and casino night.
For more information, visit http://www.cawcforum.com.
For over 30 years, Council has provided high-quality employment law, workers' comp, and HR training to human resource and other business professionals across the U.S. Over one million delegates have attended our programs to date! Our events provide innovative solutions to the workplace challenges you face every day, from FMLA compliance to managing an internal investigation, and everything in between.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.