Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management,1Q07
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) October 8, 2007
Prism Microsystems today announced the availability of EventTracker 6.0 - the latest version of its pioneering enterprise event management solution that enables 'logging in depth' for complete compliance, security and network visibility. Available today, this new release delivers major architectural and performance enhancements, more powerful analysis features, and an enhanced reports console that provides audit-friendly workflows for a pain-free compliance audit.
EventTracker 6.0 is a major evolution of Prism's market-leading log management solution and has been developed after extensive research on customer behavior and requirements. A key feature of the new version is the 'Collection Point' architecture that offers optimal scalability for geographically dispersed enterprises to efficiently collect and report on logs generated at all locations - it allows for local monitoring and analysis of critical systems as well as a global enterprise-wide view of trends for compliance purposes.
"EventTracker 6.0 sets a new benchmark for flexibility and scalability in a log management solution and greatly extends the software's enterprise-class capabilities" says Steve Lafferty, VP of Marketing, Prism Microsystems Inc. "Not only does it collect and analyze log data in real-time from all sources within an organization, it also provides insight into all corners of a global enterprise - critical in today's highly regulated environment."
Additional Version 6.0 enhancements include:
- Extended device support: EventTracker version 6.0 is Vista logo certification ready and supports both XML and 2003.evt event formats. It is also OPSEC certified and integrated with Checkpoint products.
- Advanced analysis engine: EventTracker version 6.0 offers powerful refine options making it easier to filter through mountains of log data to quickly drill down on critical events for security forensic analysis. Filters can be applied using over 500 pre-defined rules, regular expressions or simple queries.
- Integrated compliance workflows: The reporting console has been completely redesigned with features that help establish appropriate audit-trails for demonstrating compliance. The solution allows IT staff to review automatically generated reports and sign-off on them in a tamper resistant manner. With read-only electronic access to reports, auditors are able to easily review the sign-off and associated comments to establish adherence to review processes.
- Rapid Reporting: The new version delivers up to 30% faster report generation and significant performance improvements. When a report is requested, a new feature gives a time estimate to generate the report and the result size of the requested report prior to generation. This enables users to tailor their queries if the result set is too general prior to generating an enormous and potential useless report or a report that contains no data.
There are a number of preconfigured reports that have been added to the over 1000 pre-existing templates, including an enterprise-wide view of disk storage usage, with trending.
- Intuitive user interface/console: In version 6, the entire user interface has been redesigned and delivers an intuitive experience based on the MMC (Microsoft Management Console) V3.
In the wake of numerous security threats, and an increasingly stringent compliance environment, enterprises are waking up to the need to collect, analyze and report on log data generated across their IT infrastructures. According to research conducted by Gartner, "the security information and event management (SIEM) market is now driven by a broader set of buyers who need the technology to quickly address audit issues but who also want to improve security monitoring capabilities. A solution that is optimal for the current market will support real-time collection and analysis of log data from host systems, security devices and network devices; will support long-term storage and reporting; will not require extensive customization; and will be easy to support and maintain." Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management,1Q07," May 2007, Mark Nicolett, Kelly M. Kavanagh.
Ever since its launch in 1999, EventTracker has continually delivered ahead-of-the curve innovations that directly address evolving industry requirements. Designed to be an easy to use solution, EventTracker completely automates the real-time collection, consolidation and analysis of log data from all sources within an enterprise - from the network level to the application level. Event logs are stored as compressed files eliminating the need for Database licensing/expertise and can be stored for multiple years in support of compliance mandates. In addition, in order to make sense of log data, EventTracker comes with embedded intelligence that can be easily upgraded without needing any programming expertise, to quickly support custom applications and new devices.
For a complete list of version 6.0 features and pricing information, visit our website at: http://www.prismmicrosys.com
About Prism Microsystems:
Prism Microsystems, Inc. was formed in 1999 and is a privately held corporation with headquarters in the Baltimore-Washington high tech corridor. The company delivers business-critical solutions to consolidate, correlate and detect changes that could impact the performance, availability and security of a company's IT infrastructure.
Prism's enterprise event management solution, EventTracker, is designed to enhance the security of critical systems, maintain confident compliance, and improve overall performance and availability. EventTracker is engineered for ease of use and flexibility and has over 600 customers in 50 countries across multiple sectors.