I think we have a great group of professionals who will keep the BVA moving in a positive direction.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 8, 2007
The Business Valuation Association (BVA) -- whose goal is to promote professionalism among business valuation practitioners through continuing education -- will have two new faces filling the organization's officerial ranks following the BVA's annual election on Sept. 27.
"The new officers are excited at this opportunity," said Edward T. Schroeder, the re-elected BVA vice president/treasurer. "I think we have a great group of professionals who will keep the BVA moving in a positive direction."
The following is a rundown of the newly elected officers and directors, both new and returning.
- Vice President: D. Eric Greenwald is a partner in the economic and valuation services practice of KPMG LLP. His responsibilities are divided between leading valuation engagements in the Chicago office, and serving as the EVS liaison regarding fair value accounting issues within KPMG's department of professional practice in New York. He has significant experience regarding valuations for a variety of purposes, such as financial reporting, federal and international tax reporting, mergers and acquisitions, corporate planning, and litigation support. He is an accredited senior appraiser as designated by the American Society of Appraisers and is a certified public accountant.
- Vice President: Scott B. Rivello is a principal in the Transaction Advisory Services group of Ernst & Young LLP. His current responsibilities include leading the Valuation and Business Modeling group for the Midwest and North Central areas, and he is also the national director for the firm's business modeling practice. Mr. Rivello has more than 20 years of experience in assisting companies and their counsel in financial advisory services for structured transactions, mergers and acquisitions, international joint ventures, litigations, and other business transactions. He has been retained by corporate and private equity firms for a variety of valuation, strategic, and financial modeling services. Industries served by Mr. Rivello include utilities, chemical process industries, entertainment, financial services, communication, retail, consumer product, manufacturing, and transportation industries. Mr. Rivello holds a B.S. from Rutgers University in management and finance, and he has completed the Kellogg School of Management- Executive Management Program at Northwestern University.
- President: James E. Lemperis is the national director of client services for Cambridge Partners & Associates, Inc., a valuation and management consulting firm.
- First Vice President/Secretary: John S. Worthen is a partner with the law firm of Gould & Ratner, concentrating in estate and gift tax, income tax and business valuation planning areas.
- Vice President/Treasurer: Edward T. Schroeder is a senior consultant of The Griffing Group in Oak Park, IL, specializing in business and intellectual property valuations and consulting.
- Vice President: Valda I. Karlsons is the managing director of Karlsons & Associates, LLC, a firm that specializes in formulating and pursuing strategic growth initiatives through mergers and acquisitions for its clients.
- Vice President: Seth Palatnik is a managing director in the National Valuation Practice of Huron Consulting Group, an independent national consulting firm.
- Vice President: Daniel R. Van Vleet is a managing director in the Private Business Advisory Services group of Duff & Phelps, LLC.
About The Business Valuation Association
The Business Valuation Association (BVA) has been serving the valuation, business and legal communities in the Chicago area since the 1980s. The BVA provides a forum for professionals to learn about leading edge valuation issues from expert practitioners. The BVA's monthly meetings provide an excellent opportunity to keep informed and to network with valuation professionals, corporate executives and attorneys from the Chicago community.
The BVA is a non-profit entity managed by volunteer valuation professionals. Through the continued efforts of its board of directors and members, luncheon meetings are delivered during the months of September through May. Attendance at these meetings may qualify for continuing professional education (CPE) credits from a variety of professional organizations. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the BVA at (847) 776-1976, or http://www.BusinessValuationAssociation.org