Higher education has become home to stiff competition, rising student acquisition costs, changing expectations from the millennial generation and their parents, and retention rates that are well below historical levels
Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) October 9, 2007
Mark Shay, Chief Academic Liaison for Halyard Education Partners and veteran marketer in the higher education industry, announced today the launch of EDUInsight.com, a first-of-its-kind online interactive journal where marketing and student affairs professionals at colleges and universities can share innovations and best practices in student recruiting, retention, and online education.
EDUInsight.com is designed to be a place where academic administrators can come together to understand and debate the issues of the day, analyze and review emerging trends, exchange ideas, and evolve common sense approaches to student recruiting, retention and online education.
"Higher education has become home to stiff competition, rising student acquisition costs, changing expectations from the millennial generation and their parents, and retention rates that are well below historical levels" says Mark Shay, EDUInsight editor. "As marketing and student affairs officers on campuses across the country grapple with these challenges there is a growing need for collegial exchange to filter out the hype and get to the core of the important issues."
As a virtual academic magazine, EDUInsight.com addresses four critical business areas --Recruiting Students, Retaining Students, Communicating with Students and Online Education--by providing a central meeting place where academic administrators can:
- Get connected: Educators from diverse segments can share their collective knowledge to improve how the university communicates with their audiences. Site visitors have the opportunity to network in an open forum with thought leaders about real world applications.
- Join the academic dialogue: The Journal, a blog authored by Shay, serves as a platform for educators to express their own views and opinions. The Journal also provides big-picture thinking, interesting ideas and action items from diverse groups of people and old friends.
- Stay current: EDUInsight offers practical examples of innovation through content and resources aimed at keeping educators up to speed on the latest developments in higher education marketing. Features include news links, book recommendations, conference and event calendars, and an eMarketing Glossary, providing a basic overview of industry buzz words, acronyms and technical terms.
- Meet "People With Impact": Each week, EDUInsight will feature an interview with a thought leader who provides practical knowledge and direction on issues related to managing the student experience.
- Contribute to the library: EDUInsight is a single location for the collection of resources contributed by the higher education marketing community, such as white papers, speeches and presentations.
"We are going to connect like-minded people who are in silos that usually do not connect," continued Shay. "By addressing recruiting in a larger sense, we are going to be able to connect specialists from one segment to those from another. We will address blended models that will have application for everyone."
To participate in the national dialogue on student recruitment, retention and online learning, visit http://www.EDUInsight.com.
About Halyard Education Partners:
Halyard Education Partners (HEP) is a leading interactive marketing and information services company focused on helping higher education institutions manage the student lifecycle from acquisition to alumni. Through some of the most visible education websites, including GradSchools.com, StudyAbroad.com, eLearners.com and EarnMydegree.com, as well its internet marketing services team, HEP has become one of the leading providers of qualified leads for higher education. It also offers a full suite of web-based products and services to manage the relationship across the entire student life cycle from inquiry to retention. For more information on Halyard Education Partners, please visit http://www.HalyardEducationPartners.com.