We've grown very quickly over the past 2 years and we have created a solid foundation and a growing reputation, however, we recognise that we have to continue to innovate to stay ahead. Our starting point was: doing best, better. Afterall the word best is intrinsic to our brand -- its part of our name -- and it became obvious that this should be our focus.
Birmingham, West Midlands (PRWEB) October 10, 2007
Announcing the new image and a host of other initiatives at thebestof's annual franchisee day in July, Nigel Botterill, CEO of thebestof explained the reasons behind the rebrand: "We've grown very quickly over the past 2 years and we have created a solid foundation and a growing reputation, however, we recognise that we have to continue to innovate to stay ahead. Our starting point was: doing best, better. Afterall the word best is intrinsic to our brand -- its part of our name -- and it became obvious that this should be our focus."
TheBestOf (http://www.thebestof.co.uk) commissioned branding consultancy, thehouse to execute the brand review which captured and took into consideration the opinions and feedback of franchisees, customers, and site visitors.
Botterill says that this feedback helped shape and clarify the thebestof's new proposition. "Part of being a champion for your town is to provide people with a voice," he says, "a chance for local people to be heard and to say what they love about their town. So in response to this, we've launched a new review section on our sites that gives local people the opportunity to rate, recommend and comment local firms, shops and services. This feedback and endorsement is key to our future success, as it will help us realise our full potential and power as the champion of the best local business," he concluded.
With this firmly in mind, the new logo has been based on a speech bubble to suggest the feedback and points of view of the local community whose opinions are key to the success of local business. The shape of the logo also reflects the increasing interactive nature of the website in line with the social networking revolution and success of websites such as 'myspace,' 'facebook,' and 'bebo.'
The development has been welcomed by thebestof's franchisees, who own and run the national network's 360 regional websites. Clive Hannis, thebestof's franchisee of the year, who owns the Gloucester site comments: "As front line advocates of the brand, we have first hand experience and in depth knowledge of its ability to help a local business attract new clients and customers. Being the champions of the best local businesses makes absolute sense as it separates us from the competition and strengthens our relationships with local businesses and residents."
- http://www.thebestof.co.uk is a national network of local websites, run by local people, that champion the best businesses in their area.
- The 70th (correct at the time of writing) most popular website in the UK - ahead of 'The AA,' 'lastminute.com,' and 'friendsreunited' according to independent web traffic monitor http://www.alexa.com.
- thebestof has established widespread coverage in virtually all the major centres in the UK. From Aberdeen in the north, to Plymouth in the south, from Llandudno in the west and Norwich in the East - and pretty much everywhere in between.
- Based in Solihull, thebestof is the brainchild of Nigel and Sue Botterill. It was set up 2 years ago and now has well over 360 franchisees.
- It is the fastest growing UK franchise -- ever.