Kingwood, TX (PRWEB) October 13, 2007
The American Association of Debt Management Organizations (AADMO), the largest trade association for the credit counseling industry, will feature program sessions important to bankruptcy pre-filing credit counseling agencies and bankruptcy pre-discharge debtor education providers at the AADMO Fall Conference in Austin, TX on October 22 and 23, 2007.
According to Mark Guimond, Executive Director of the AADMO, "Agencies that are providing bankruptcy reform pre-filing credit counseling need to know what's happening in their sector of the industry. Now they have a source for timely and important information. AADMO offers the best program designed to help them and keep them informed."
"The states are starting to take notice of pre-filing counseling and requiring compliance with the applicable state laws. Providing this service pursuant to a federally mandated program does not exempt these agencies from other laws. We have state regulators and others who will make this crystal clear and explain what's happening in the law", said Guimond.
"Do you know if you are required to propose "60/60" plans? Are there specific fee limitations on "60/60" plans? May "60/60" plan payments be disbursed through or outside of the credit counseling agency? Can "60/60" plans subject an agency to new legal compliance requirements under state or federal law? If you want to know the answers to any of these questions, this program will help you learn the law of less than full balance payments and "60/60" plans above and beyond those laws governing traditional credit counseling functions", added Guimond.
Sessions for bankruptcy pre-filing credit counseling agencies and bankruptcy pre-discharge debtor education providers:
- "60/60" Plans and Less Than Full Balance Payments - Understanding the Applicable Laws
Speaker: Robby Birnbaum, Greenspoon Marder
- The Law of Illinois - Credit Counseling and the Law as it Applies to "60/60" Plans and Less Than Full Balance Payments
Speaker: Susan Gold, Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
- The Law of Kansas - Credit Counseling and the Law as it Applies to "60/60" Plans and Less Than Full Balance Payments
Speaker: Adrian Serene, Kansas Banking Department
- The Law of Alabama - Credit Counseling and the Law as it Applies to "60/60" Plans and Less Than Full Balance Payments
Speaker: Jane Brannan, Alabama Securities Commission
- Bankruptcy Reform: Value of Credit Counseling Requirement is Not Clear
Speaker: Jason Bromberg, U.S. General Accountability Office
- Credit Counseling, Debtor Education and Bankruptcy Reform at the 2 Year Mark
Speaker: Henry Hobbs, Executive Office for United States Trustees
Other sessions will include:
- The actual Experience of Audit and Revocation - One Credit Counseling Agency Shares it All!
- Leads and Referrals: Not the Same Old Ballgame
Speaker: Jeffrey Tenenbaum, Venable
- Credit Counseling Industry Legislative Update
Speaker: Mark Guimond, AADMO Executive Director
- Valuing Account Portfolios - Results and Analysis of the Industry Survey
Speakers: Paul A. Baumann, Leslie Moreau
- 143 Audits - Why This Exact Number is Significant!
- State Regulators
- NCCUSL Uniform Debt Management Services Act - "Stand-By Committee" Recommendations
The AADMO Fall Conference program and registration information can be found at http://www.AADMO.org.
AADMO is the largest trade association for the credit counseling and debt management industry. Nationwide, the majority of licensed and legally operating credit counseling agencies are members of AADMO.
AADMO is working diligently to ensure the continued operation and viability of credit counseling and debt management organizations. AADMO provides important education and information for the entire industry.
AADMO is an industry education and advocacy organization whose mission is to promote and ensure the continued operation and viability of credit counseling and debt management organizations. AADMO provides its members and the consumer public with information about the credit and debt counseling industry.
AADMO members are consumer credit counseling agencies, debt management organizations, credit counselors, personal finance educators, credit and debt information educators, consumer lawyers and many others.
AADMO is the only trade association to have held state law compliance workshops with the New York State Banking Department and the California Department of Corporations upon enactment of their respective laws governing credit counseling. AADMO is also the only trade association for the industry to publish a formal summary of state laws that has been reviewed by state regulators.