Solaris 10 is the most digitally signed Operating System available today
Portland, OR (PRWEB) October 9, 2007
SignaCert®, a leading provider of independent IT controls technology, today announced extended capabilities to provide independent verification of software from vendors such as, Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702), IBM (NYSE: IBM), Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Juniper Networks (NASDAQ: JNPR), Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: JAVA), Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC), Applied Identity, Authentium, Secure Elements, Veracode, and XenSource. SignaCert offers enterprise class solutions that address industry demand for proactive IT controls to achieve more stable and compliant computing.
“We are very pleased by the continued momentum in the market adoption of this new approach to systems controls,” said Wyatt Starnes, Founder and CEO of SignaCert, Inc. “We are witnessing a broad cross section of new applications for these methods among customers and partners.”
Many IT departments assume that software originally deployed into production is the same that is loaded and executing today. In practice, this is often not the case and leaves an “IT blind spot.” Before SignaCert, there was no definitive way to prove that customers’ IT environments were deployed and configured as intended. SignaCert’s patented solution, supported by these companies, provides partners and customers a completely new way to create a trusted reference — a baseline of independently verified, vendor authentic, signatures — for deploying such solutions.
As mentioned in SignaCert’s product upgrade announcement last week, proactive systems monitoring using independent IT controls result in improved operational efficiency and financial benefit through increased availability of IT infrastructure, greater control and security, and increased fulfillment of essential compliance and audit requirements, including virtual machines.
“A core strategy for Intel vPro processor technology is to deliver a built-in manageability and proactive security environment on commercial business PCs,” said Robert Crooke, vice president and general manager of Intel’s Business Client Group. “SignaCert’s ability to embrace Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TxT) and Virtualization Technology (VT) is a commitment in providing trust.”
Participation in the SignaCert Harvest Program — the mechanism by which signatures of partner software are captured, verified, and incorporated into SignaCert’s Enterprise Trust Server, is open to all OS, application, and infrastructure vendors.
“Solaris 10 is the most digitally signed Operating System available today,” said Marc Hamilton, Vice President, Solaris marketing, Sun Microsystems. “The integration of SignaCert Enterprise Trust Server with our upcoming Secure Execution capability will further address customer needs for robust, safe, and provably secure systems.”
SignaCert independent IT controls technology is integrated into or complementing numerous technology companies and organizations:
- Applied Identity: SignaCert and Applied Identity are complementary security and audit enablement technologies that give customers a higher level of trust through system integrity verification and identity-driven access management.
- Juniper Networks: SignaCert’s IT controls and system integrity capabilities complement Juniper’s Unified Access Control (UAC) solution by providing a unique white list approach (a trusted reference) to endpoint health measurement; this enables improved granularity and flexibility of Juniper’s UAC network access assessment based on system attestation.
- Secure Elements: Secure Elements and SignaCert deliver the first complementary solution that provides positive attestation for SCAP configuration and binary/library validation for regulated and federal IT customers.
- Symantec: SignaCert is using best-in-class antivirus technology from Symantec to help ensure that only ‘clean code’ submissions are made to the SignaCert Global Trust Repository. In partnership with Symantec, SignaCert performs a highly secure white list data extraction.
- XenSource: SignaCert and XenSource are establishing standards and technologies for bringing measurement and controls to virtual environments. “Security in a virtualized environment is a growing concern for CIOs,” said Simon Crosby, CTO, XenSource. “XenSource believes that measurement and trust go hand in hand with a secure virtualized platform. SignaCert’s technology is an important component of the trusted computing base and can help ease customer concerns about the security of virtual infrastructure, accelerating the adoption of virtualization.”
Founded in 2004 by industry veteran, Wyatt Starnes, SignaCert delivers independent IT controls that provide a deeper understanding into enterprise systems and prove applications are deployed as intended. The company’s Enterprise Trust Server product enables business and government to measure, verify, and maintain the state of their technology infrastructure using a device-independent proactive approach that checks the operating system, applications, platforms, and other software against a known trusted reference. This independent monitoring increases availability of critical IT infrastructure, provides greater control, and fulfills critical compliance and auditing requirements to help organizations achieve operational excellence. SignaCert’s products are available directly from the company. For more information, visit http://www.signacert.com.
SignaCert is a registered trademark of SignaCert, Inc. All other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.