Boise, Idaho (PRWEB) October 12, 2007
H&W has announced the new 6.6.1 release of SYSD, its mainframe software that provides the functionality of ISPF and SDSF without requiring IBM TSO access. SYSD offers ISPF-like edit, browse and job submission for mainframe data sets and SDSF-like JES2 spool display, print routing and mainframe printing management.
"This new release allows companies to provide the benefits ISPF and SDSF functionality for casual users and technical users without the associated costs and issues with TSO," said John Crossno, product manager for H&W. "Because SYSD is CICS based, it can provide functionality for a few to hundreds, possibly thousands of users while taking advantage of CICS efficiencies."
This new release includes the following enhancements:
- Support for labels using the .LABEL command.
- True hex data support
- Continued expansion of commonly used ISPF-like commands to follow through on H&W's commitment to ISPF compatibility
General display and utilities
- Added wildcard support for the LISTCAT (=3.4) utility.
- Enhancement to the JES2 spool file, or condition code display, to highlight nonzero condition codes.
- PROG enhancements that help verify where a program resides and from which library CICS loaded the program.
Operating system compatibility
- Support for z/OS through release 1.9 and CICS Transaction Server through release 3.2.
While SYSD provides the most commonly used functionality of ISPF and SDSF, it is easier to use, easier to navigate, and requires little or no training. SYSD honors CICS security access restrictions and makes security easier to manage than with TSO. SYSD also reduces the burden on IT staff, who need to answer fewer end-user support questions so they can focus on other priorities. For more information, visit http://www.hwcs.com/sysd.
Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, H&W has been a leading provider of business software solutions to corporations and other organizations since 1979. H&W creates secure, technically sound software that fulfills the needs of both the business units and IT departments of companies. Today, hundreds of corporations worldwide including many Global 500 companies trust H&W with their business software needs. For more information, visit http://www.hwcs.com.
# # #