Irvine, California (PRWEB) October 12, 2007
The Supplier Excellence Alliance (SEA) will hold its next Member Conference on November 7, 2007 at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, California. The Boeing Company will host this Member Conference. The Conference is open to SEA members and prospective members.
SEA is a non-profit alliance of aerospace and defense prime and tier-one contractors and leading sub-tier suppliers dedicated to transforming the U.S. supply chain. Prime-empowered and supplier-led, SEA helps improve the performance of small and mid-sized production suppliers and enables them to collaborate to produce integrated supply chain solutions.
This informative Member Conference -- an educational forum designed for supplier company owners and CEOs -- will feature:
- Insights from Keynote Speaker Peggy R. Berry, Director, C3 Networks Supplier Management & Procurement for The Boeing Company
- Supplier presentations on improvements achieved through implementation of the SEA Lean Enterprise System, the continuous improvement system designed and adopted by the aerospace industry
- Presentation by suppliers currently participating in SEA Certification
- A revealing supply chain integration experience
- Shared experiences from suppliers now following the industry-standard SEA Roadmap
The November Member Conference is being held in conjunction with the Annual SEA National Supply Chain Awards Dinner. This prestigious event honoring supplier performance and leadership contributions will take place on the evening of November 6, 2007. Awards will include:
- SEA Leadership & Culture Award
- SEA Workforce Development Award
- SEA Operational Excellence Award
- SEA Performance Award: Most Improved
- SEA Supply Chain Innovation Award
- SEA Customer of the Year Award
- SEA Richard Hall Award for Leadership Excellence
A special Golf Event will be held on the morning of November 6 and an Opening Reception will take place on the evening of November 5. Both promise to be outstanding opportunities to network with industry executives and fellow suppliers.
To register for the Member Conference, the Awards Dinner, and/or the Golf Event, go to http://www.seaonline.org/2007ADAC/Palm_Springs.htm. To learn more about SEA, go to http://www.seaonline.org.
SEA member companies represented on its board of directors include BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman Company, United Technologies, Parker Aerospace, Rockwell Collins, Cessna Aircraft Company, Honeywell, Hitco Carbon Composites, Dresser-Rand, Roberts Tool Company, Cristek Interconnects, Photo Etch Company, Bodycote Thermal Processing and DRS Technologies. SEA partners and alliances include Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), California Council for Excellence, California Employment Training Panel, California Space Authority, UAW-Labor Employment and Training Corporation, CONNSTEP, Inc., Alliance for Manufacturing & Technology (AM&T), ASG Renaissance and Net-Inspect.
# # #