Bonita Springs, FL (PRWEB) October 15, 2007
Co-authors, Joe Pulizzi and Newt Barrett are riding the newest tidal wave to hit the marketing industry - content marketing. The duo recently released an eBook, Get Content. Get Customers. This shortened version of their soon-to-be-released book explains why and how businesses must make dramatic changes in how they approach current and future customers on the Web.
Pulizzi and Barrett, explain why a new form of marketing is needed, "The buyer can find everything they need to make informed purchasing decisions on the Internet. They don't need to rely on old-fashioned marketing collateral nor salespeople to educate them about products." They went to say, "Today, businesses that market only through traditional means ignore the importance of the fundamental changes in buyer behavior that make compelling content so critical to the decision-making process."
Pulizzi and Barrett recommend the use of content marketing strategies to woo this new breed of buyer. They suggest providing frequently updated content that is both relevant and compelling as an essential tool to attract and retain loyal customers.
The eBook, Get Content.Get Customers., is designed as a concise and practical guide to the brand new world of content marketing. Readers can expect to learn the following:
- The 3 reasons traditional marketing isn't working
- Content marketing is the biggest industry you've never heard of
- What content marketing really is and why it is important
- Why you must now think like a publisher today
- The 11 biggest benefits of content marketing
- The seven deadly sins of content marketing
- What Best Buy, MindJet, and ThomasNet are doing to drive business through the use of great content
- What specific methods you should use to implement your content strategy now
The eBook, Get Content. Get Customers. is available for free download at http://www.getcontentgetcustomers.com/get_content_get_customers_ebook.html. The greatly expanded print version will be available in January 2008 from Voyager Media, Inc.
Joe Pulizzi is chief content officer for Junta42 (http://www.junta42.com), a content marketing/custom publishing search portal. Newt Barrett is the founder of Succeeding Today and chief content officer for the Web site, ContentMarketingToday (http://www.contentmarketingtoday.com), the online content marketing resource.