New York (PRWEB) October 17, 2007
RFID Journal, the world's leading media and events company covering radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, announced today that it has partnered with AIM Europe to produce an Auto-ID Seminar for attendees seeking to understand how RFID and other auto-identification technologies can be used to achieve real business benefits today. The AIM Auto-ID Seminar will be offered at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2007, which will be held 6-8 November at the Mövenpick Hotel in downtown Amsterdam.
Educational sessions will cover the following:
- New Developments for the Classic Barcode: The rapid progress of RFID and other auto-ID technologies has taken focus away from the classic bar code. Pim Van Loosbroek, President of PVL AiDC Advies & Management BV, will explain the latest developments and solutions involving bar code technologies.
- An Update from AIM Europe's RFID Experts Group: As European companies move forward with RFID, the need for standardization is becoming greater. Eldor Walk, Chief Technology Officer, FEIG ELECTRONIC, will discuss how AIM's RFID Experts Group is tackling the standardization issues and where AIM experts are helping to move the adoption process forward.
- Choosing the Optimal RFID System: RFID is not a one-size-fits-all technology. Jan-Willem Reynaerts, General Manager RFID, NXP Semiconductors explains the different types of RFID systems and how to choose the one that will meet your company's needs, as well as where to get the best advice on deploying an RFID system.
- UHF Gen 2's Impact on Business Processes and Potential ROI: Guido Vangenechten, Country Manager, Intermec Technologies, presents two case studies on the benefits of using the technology. They will show how a return on investment can be achieved.
- Harmonisation of Data Structures: Simon King, Director, Domino EIS explains how to harmonise data structures, so companies can create application that use bar codes, 2D data matrix codes and RFID technologies in combined systems.
- The Value of Privacy Enhanced RFID for B2B Solutions: Henrik B. Granau, CEO, RFIDsec explains how his company's Privacy Enhanced Technology (PET) is meeting general RFID security issues in business-to-business applications.
- Using RFID to Drive Picking Accuracy to 100%: Combining the knowledge from more than 350 voice-picking installations and over 50 RFID installations, Zetes 3i Competence Centres have designed a new innovative solution to get to 0% errors during the order-picking process. Marcel Kars, Vice President, Zetes 3i Competence Centres, explains how Zetes has eliminated mistakes in choosing the product and quantity by using voice to direct the picker and adding RFID to check the handling of the picker.
"AIM has been a leading force in the auto-identification industry, and this seminar will give attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in RFID and other auto-ID technologies and how they can improve the way they do business with these technologies," says Andrew Britts, Director of AIM Europe.
The AIM Auto-ID Seminar is one of three preconference options available to attendees of RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2007. This year's event will focus on how European companies can cut costs and improve revenues by employing RFID technology in their manufacturing, supply chain and logistics operations.
Attendees will learn:
- Why METRO Group is rolling out RFID now, and what it means for suppliers
- How Airbus is using RFID to improve all aspects of its operations
- How Sony is reducing shrinkage with a video-RFID tracking system
- The value of tracking returnable transport items
- How Lufthansa Technik improves parts maintenance with RFID
- How RFID is streamlining joint U.S.-Danish military operations
- How DHL is using RFID sensors to better monitor temperature-sensitive products
"We are extremely pleased to be working with AIM Europe to provide additional education to attendees of RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2007," said Mark Roberti, founder and editor of RFID Journal. "It's important for businesspeople to understand that RFID is part of a collection of auto-ID technologies, each of which has a role to play in helping companies become more efficient and profitable."
For more information please visit the RFID Journal LIVE! Europe Web site at http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/liveeurope/, or contact Attendee Registration at EuropeReg@rfidjournal.com or +1 631-249-4960.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information about radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide--in print, online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournal.com.
About AIM Global
AIM Global is the international trade association representing automatic identification and mobility technology solution providers. Through the years, industry leaders continue to work within AIM to promote the adoption of emerging technologies. AIM Global actively supports the development of AIM standards through its own Technical Symbology Committee (TSC), Global Standards Advisory Groups, and RFID Experts Group (REG), as well as through participation at the industry, national (ANSI) and international (ISO) levels.