Denver, Colo. (PRWEB) October 16, 2007
There is something about the holidays that brings out the creative side in nearly everyone. And while more and more people are looking for fresh and innovative ways to express a unique sense of style with their holiday décor, many are simply not quite sure where to begin. That is why this year, Season Dreams has developed a list of the top five foolproof decorating tips and an overview of the latest holiday trends to help you enhance, simplify and add some pizzazz to your holiday decorating ensemble.
1. Find Balance - The key to holiday decorating is about finding a subtle balance between tradition, creativity and taste. Patterns and textures that you wouldn't typically associate with Christmas are now being infused into everything from festive table linens, to Christmas decorations and gift wrap. Often, the elements are far from traditional (such as animal prints, feathers, glass beads, vibrant metallics and more), but when combined with more conventional holiday themes and colors they don't appear overwhelming or tacky and provide a sense of classic sophistication and style.
2. Be Dramatic - Consider a silver, red or black Christmas tree to create a bold, contemporary look that is easy to achieve. To complete the look, carry the theme throughout the rest of your home by incorporating black candles with silver accents and dramatic satin ribbons. Oversized stockings and highly-unique tree ornaments are also becoming a very popular way to add a sense of drama, merriment and fun to your décor. Browse the full selection of colored trees at http://www.seasondreams.com.
3. Accessorize to Fit Your Space - Tailor your decorations to make sense with your space. In less spacious areas, attention to detail becomes even more important because everything becomes a focal point and the notion of "quality vs. quantity" becomes essential. A half-tree, which is specifically designed to save space while providing the look of a full-sized tree, is the perfect solution for those who are more "spatially-challenged." And if floor-space is of a commodity, consider an upside-down tree--one of the most popular trends in holiday décor and a great space-saving alternative.
4. Warm Welcomes - Make a great first impression by placing a pre-lit topiary tree or cashmere pine tree in a sturdy gold pot on your porch or front hallway. This subtle, yet classic touch will add elegance to your home and will immediately make your family and friends feel welcome.
5. Back to Basics - This year's trends look to mother-nature for a little inspiration. Although we are still seeing the use of traditional colors, the tones are a bit earthier and deeper, and include hues such as rich current reds and deep olive greens. These colors, mixed with organic elements such as pinecones, cranberries and fresh holly, are a great way to add a natural sense of timeless elegance and tradition throughout your home.
For more trend-setting ideas such as these and to browse the latest selection of holiday products available, visit http://www.seasondreams.com.
About Season Dreams:
Founded in 2006, Season Dreams is one of the nation's leading online retailers of high-quality, pre-lit Christmas trees and unique holiday decorations and accessories. The company is committed to offering only the highest quality products, paired with exceptional value and superior customer service. For more information and to browse the complete product line, visit http://www.seasondreams.com.