Impulse Social Networking succeeds by asking a simple question within a simple environment
Past News ReleasesRSS
Durham, N.C. (PRWEB) October 16, 2007
A new social media player from VoiceThread.com instantly transforms images, documents, videos and presentations into simple social spaces. Groups can now annotate shared media with drawing, voice, and text commentary, all within one simple and secure framework. These social media players can be embedded anywhere and because they are live, can be edited and re-edited on-the-fly as feedback is collected from the audience.
"Impulse Social Networking succeeds by asking a simple question within a simple environment," says co-founder Steve Muth. "In our case the question is 'Do you have something to say about the media in front of you?' That's it, that's the engine that drives the entire concept. By lowering the participatory threshold around media we think this simple question is going to be asked and answered a couple of billion times."
The new service:
- Transforms presentations in to "presentation spaces"
- Enables business, sales and marketing users to send a secure 'PitchThread" where the proposal can collect questions and feedback from customers and clients
- Connects geographically dispersed friends and families by creating a space for these groups to share their stories and then preserve their history
- Provides travelers with an opportunity to create compelling and easily shared travelogues and reviews
- Empowers students and schools to create group voice yearbooks
- Allows Brands to engage their customers in social campaigns (VoiceThread partnered with SpikeTV.com for its True Dads initiative)
Co-founder Ben Papell says, "By capturing the voices that surround shared media we help people build and preserve conversations that have lasting value for the participants. Voices convey nuance and complexity that text simply can't touch. What we're offering is a simple way to collect, share, and save these voices."
VoiceThread is not a presentation or slideshow maker, but a publisher of 'Simple Social Spaces' enabling businesses, groups, families, and educators to asynchronously collaborate around media in a friendly and simple environment.
"You'll find no bling here," says Steve Muth. "We are all about simple and usable, period."
VoiceThread is a web service that enables users to create simple social spaces around shared media. With its patent-pending social media player VoiceThread makes media social, simply.
More information is available at http://voicethread.com