They're creating new traditions by spending more quality time together.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 17, 2007
With families looking to spend as much quality time with each other as possible this holiday season, expect to see more kitchen and dining housewares that allow for entertaining as stress-free as possible - but without giving up taste and style, according to Montgomery Ward® Spokesperson Jennifer Dietz.
"While families still embrace traditions such as turkey or ham for dinner with all of the trimmings, they're not interested in spending all of their time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning," Dietz says. "They're creating new traditions by spending more quality time together." Here are the key trends of the season, along with Montgomery Ward and Wards.com top picks for easy, stress-free entertaining style this season.
1. Cook with ease! The Nesco® Professional Stainless Steel 18-qt. Roaster roasts, bakes, cooks, steams/poaches, and slow cooks - a versatile electric appliance that is ideal for cooking for large gatherings. It features a removable, non-stick cookwell that holds a turkey up to 22 lbs. and an adjustable temperature control. It's easy to handle, store and clean. ($99.99)
2. Feed them all at once - and keep it hot! Broil King® Buffet Server is a commercial-grade, multi-level buffet server with an attractive stainless steel base and clear, poly-carbonate lids with utensil slots. What makes this piece unique is that it not only keeps the food fresh and warm for everyone to enjoy, but it keeps it organized and clean, too, making mealtime easy and fun!
The Broil King® features two chafing pan frames which conserve heat and keep the five included pans aligned. Two 4.3-qt pans hold up to 40 4-oz. servings and three 2.6-qt. pans hold up to 25 4-oz. servings. Separate, adjustable thermostats for the top and bottom allow the chef in the family to set temperatures from 155º to 205º F. The buffet server base may also be used as a two-level, stand-alone warming tray. This is one tradition with true staying power! ($499.99)
3. No need to polish this silver - Our 4-qt. stainless steel Round Chafing Dish is elegant, yet practical. This eye-catching, contemporary chafing dish can easily serve as the centerpiece of your holiday table, and since it's 18/0 stainless steel, it will never need polishing to look great. Features include a vented glass lid for easy viewing, flame adjuster, and convenient lid stand. ($59.99)
4. All that glitters - Add seasonal glamour to any home with the Crystal Drop Three-Tier Buffet Server. Edged with dazzling acrylic crystal drops, the server, which comes in silver or gold, will proudly display your delectable treats and add some extra elegance to any party table. ($49.99) They are perfect for displaying holiday bundt cakes.
5. Make dessert a real treat! Holiday bundt cakes are beautiful and tasty! Our Original Nordicware® Bundt Cake Pans Platinum Collection™ heavy cast aluminum bakeware provides extra-fine details and superior baking performance. The heat reflective exteriors allow for uniform browning. Unique designs make every cake a masterpiece. ($39.99)
The Cathedral Pan design features stately arches and columns, forming a sophisticated confection and comes with a gourmet Sticky Pudding Toffee Cake Mix. The Bavaria Pan is accompanied by the Cinnamon Streusel mix and the Tree Pan with Train Border comes with a Caramel Apple Spice cake mix.
6. Keep the coffee coming - Somehow, there just isn't enough when you need it! The DeLonghi® Coffee Urn alleviates the problem. Unlike most coffee makers that brew a mere twelve cups, this durable, mirror-finish stainless steel urn can brew from 20 to 50 cups at a time! It features a Freshness Indicator™ that is activated by the "keep warm" function and tells you how long the coffee has been standing and automatically switches to the warming cycle and keeps your coffee at the perfect temperature. 18/10 stainless steel construction with unique stainless steel basket and pump pipe ensure great tasting coffee and easy cleaning. "On" and "Ready" lights tell you when your coffee is ready to serve. UL rated for commercial or household use. Coffee level indicator tells you how much water is in the unit, so you won't run out of coffee unexpectedly. Dripless spigot assures that there will be no messy leaks and drips. Cool-touch handles are heat-resistant to allow you to move the urn from place to place without burning your fingers. ($199.99)
7. Hide the vacuum - but keep it close by! Lots of guests usually create lots of little spills. The Dirt Devil® KURV Hand Vac looks like an exotic piece of art, but the KURV is a hard-working hand vac. Designed by Karim Rashid, the KURV is always ready to tackle dust, dirt and life's little messes. It has cordless convenience, a soft tip for cleaning without scratching, and an easy-to-empty dust cup. And, since it's available in four colors (Champagne, Choco-Latte, Sky or Spice), you're sure to find one that fits with your décor! ($79.99)
Montgomery Ward and Wards.com has these and 50,000 more great gift and home accent ideas for the holiday season. It also offers many services year-round that help ease the stress of holiday shopping. These include:
- 90-Day Deferred Billing - 90 days no payments, no interest on $100+ orders
- Toll-free Phone Number - An immediate connection is provided to help shoppers find their desired holiday merchandise.
- Tracking Technology - Once an order is placed, you'll see the expected date you should receive your items as well as a way to track your packages!
- Gift Cards - Don't know what they'd like? A Montgomery Ward Gift Card is always in style and always in season. From $25-$250, you can be sure they'll find something they will love. And, the card will never expire.
- Product or Style Search - Through Wards.com, customers can locate and search for products quickly and easily.
- En Espanol - Wards.com offers its complete Web site in Spanish by clicking on the "En Espanol" link on the top of the Website.
- Unconditional Guarantee - Customers can return or exchange merchandise if they aren't 100% satisfied.
About DMSI, Montgomery Ward® and Wards.com
Creator of America's first catalog, Montgomery Ward® continues today to be one of the largest and fastest growing home décor and general merchandise direct retailers, featuring more than 50,000 quality products through catalog and website sales (Wards.com and WardsKids.com). Montgomery Ward, Wards.com, and WardsKids.com are owned and operated by Chicago-based Direct Marketing Services, Inc. (DMSI). DMSI is ranked #141 in Internet Retailer's 2006 Top 500 Retail Web sites. Other DMSI properties include Charles Keath (Charles Keath.com), Popular Club (PopularClub.com), HomeVisions.com and YourKidsDirect.com.
Media contact: Beth Peterson, (847) 931-9375.
Hi-res images available upon request.