Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) October 20, 2007
After four seasons of collaboration and innovation around the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series, and several AIMIA awards, Massive Interactive and BigPond received a WebAward in the 'Best Interactive Services Website' category.
The Web Marketing Association's WebAward is a great consecration for both Massive Interactive and BigPond to expand recognition of their work internationally. This award specifically rewards websites which provide a wide variety of services, platform support, and, all in all, incentives for V8 Supercar fans to follow the Australian championship as they wish to.
Several areas of the site provide an interesting variety of information and services throughout the season:
- The V8 Supercars screensaver: including round and video update for every round of the year, aggregated video and news RSS feeds.
- V8 Live race application: available for Cable, Broadband and Narrowband customers, as well as Windows Media Center, Windows Vista/XP users. This application revolves around live telemetry and video during race week-ends. Visitors can watch and customise their race experience through the use of real-time modules: race information, in-car video, race tracker, car position, car telemetry and schedule update.
- V8 Supercar site: offers latest news per championship, latest photos, latest videos, teams and drivers information, technical information, round information and updates, Australian V8 series history, downloads, PanelBeaters podcast and vodcast ...
- Mobile updates: SMS updates during round races.
- Competitions: the flagship competition is V8 Tipping and it allows fans to tip on the 5 first driver positions. Multiple other competitions occur during each season.
- V8 Newsletter: newsletters before and after race week-ends to keep all fans up-to-date.
For the 2007 season, all elements of the site were redesigned to reconcile the quality of information and services available on the site with an improved visual interface.
An amazing amount of work and talent went into this year's iteration of V8 Supercar. Indeed, the 2007 season provided dramatic changes of interface, functionalities and back-end architecture, to optimise and improve usability and user experience.
Already, the 2008 season work has started, and it will aim at consolidating the current strength of V8 Supercars around a variety of online services and products, improving user experience, and looking towards any proven or ground breaking technologies and philosophies to ensure the V8 Supercars site is part of the web 2.0 revolution.
Both Massive Interactive and BigPond are looking forward to next year's season of this Australian motorsport icon.
Innovation will once again be a key element to the success of the site.
Live. Love. Race.
Official site of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series