Athens, GA (PRWEB) October 23, 2007
Power Partners, a leading manufacturer of pole-type distribution transformers, announced today it has diversified its product portfolio and begun manufacturing a lightweight, roof-mounted solar water heater whose design enables easy installation by professional installers and do-it-yourselfers. The solar water heaters, whose design will be featured Oct. 28 on ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition program, are being marketed under the Power Partners Solar name.
The solar water heaters will appeal to consumers who want to use green, renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, wish to save significant money over time, and desire a lightweight product that is easy to install.
Water heating uses up to 30% of the energy in U.S. homes, making it one of the largest energy expenses in U.S. households. By using the sun's energy to heat water, solar water heaters offer a cost-effective, environmentally friendly way to reduce carbon consumption and CO2 generation. Consumers are never left without hot water, as the Power Partners solar systems are installed with a back-up source of water heating.
Diversifying from the manufacture of electrical transformers to solar water heaters is a natural extension of Power Partners' mission, according to Sherrie Ford, chairman and majority owner of the company. "Power Partners continues to serve the power industry, but by going green, we're stepping forward and doing something positive to mitigate global environmental challenges. Being a leader is a role each of our employees eagerly embraces. Solar thermal is an industry that is growing significantly each year, and the Power Partners Solar water heaters offer many advantages to environmentally- and cost-conscious residential, commercial and industrial users."
The Solar Water Heater Design Will Be Featured on ABC's Extreme Makeover:
Power Partners Solar water heaters are manufactured under license from SolarRoofs.com. The SolarRoofs.com design will be featured in the October 28th episode of ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
Power Partner Product Highlights:
Power Partners Solar water heaters offer the following features:
- Durable and light weight polycarbonate materials that make the systems easy and safe to install single-handedly.
- SRCC and FSEC certifications that give access to federal, state, and local credits or rebates. A federal tax credit of 30% tax credit is available on all Power Partner Solar systems, and many states and utilities offer additional incentives. Power Partners has developed a proprietary financial pay-back calculation method that maximizes pay-back for residential, commercial and industrial users, regardless of the incentives and rebates that may or may not be in place.
- Complete or partial systems allow consumers to customize a system to their needs.
- Over 20 trim colors, meaning almost any roof color can be matched.
- Systems for both cold and warm climates.
- Pumps that are entirely run by the sun and 100% green are available.
About Power Partners:
Power Partners (http://www.powerpartnersolar.com) is a leader in distribution transformers, selling transformers to most major utilities in the United States and throughout the world. It has a record of 50 years of high quality products and fast shipments in the electrical industry. The 13th largest woman-owned business in the U.S. as certified by WBENC, Power Partners has a 600,000 square foot facility in Athens, GA, that is operated by approximately 500 employees.
Information about Power Partners Solar water heaters can be obtained from Power Partners, Inc at http://www.powerpartnersolar.com or by calling Dan Everett at 1-800-545-3121, ext. 290.
# # #