Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 23, 2007
More than 1200 people are expected at Podcamp Boston 2 at the Boston Convention and Expo Center October 26-28, 2007. PodCamp Boston 2, an UnConference, will help connect people and companies interested in blogging, podcasting, social networks, video podcasting for profit, Web 2.0, social media and internet marketing promotion and advertising. For people just discovering social media or experienced veterans, PodCamp Boston 2 will offer a range of internet marketing training courses and interactive PowerPoint presentations. The event is free to attend.
PodCamp, founded by Chris Brogan and Christopher Penn, is run by a dedicated group of volunteers from across the social media community. PodCamp Boston 2 marks the return to the birthplace of the original PodCamp in September 2006. Since then, PodCamps have been held around the United States and around the world, including New York, United Kingdom, Copenhagen, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Germany and Second Life.
Co-founder Christopher Penn explained "PodCamp is all about balance and connecting people. Everyone has an equal opportunity to present and participate. We are focused on bringing together industry veterans and those new to podcasting and social media."
Internet Marketing Promotion and Advertising Presentations:
Some of the innovative interactive presentations scheduled for Podcamp Boston 2 include:
- Tools of the Social Media Trade- CC Chapman & Mitch Joel
- How to Market with New Media 101- Chris Penn
- The Bigger Better Deal of Podcasting: Work Less, Make More, and Get Back Your Time - Chris Brogan and David Eckoff
- Following and Joining Online Conversations - Bryan Person and Doug Haslam
- The New Rules of PR- David Meerman Scott
- Podcasting for Profit - Leesa Barnes
- Podcasting, Blogging and RSS in Plain English - Jason Van Orden
- Monetizing New Media- John Federico
- Social Networking 101 - Chris Penn
- What is the sound of your brand? - Mark Blevis
- Ten Golden Rules for Launching and Promoting your podcast - Jay Berkowitz, The 10 Golden Rules Internet Marketing Podcast
- The Arts 2.0 - Len Edgerly
- Creating a Great Podcast Listening Experience - Jared Spool
Podcamp Co-founder Chris Brogan said, "To me, PodCamp is a secret training camp. We get people to come because they want an internet marketing training course to learn about tools and software. But when people get to PodCamp, we show them what it's really all about: people. The tools are just bridges. PodCamp shows you how to use them, sure, but it also shows you how to use them in a way that engages people. And around the classes, we connect you up with your new-found friends and peers, strengthening the experience."
About PodCamp Boston
PodCamp Boston 2 is the new media community UnConference that helps connect people and companies interested in blogging, podcasting, social networks, internet marketing promotion and advertising and video podcasting for profit. The social media community comes together for three days to learn, share interactive powerpoint presentations and grow their new media skills. Whether you're just interested in new media or an experienced veteran, PodCamp Boston 2 is for you!
Sponsorship slots for PodCamp Boston 2 are still available. PodCamp Boston 2's list of generous sponsors already includes: Pulvermedia/VON Boston , Student Loan Network , Silver Sponsors: Rockosphere.tv, Topaz Partners, SteveGarfield.com, and C.C. Chapman , Blue Sky Factory , Marketwire , BostonNOW, The 10 Golden Rules Internet Marketing Podcast and John Wall.
PodCamp Boston 2 will be held October 26 - 28, 2007 at the Boston Convention and Expo Center (venue generously sponsored by VON Boston) and is free to attend. Register today at http://www.podcampboston.org .