As companies are looking for ways to improve their coating performance capabilities and/or total cost structure, we believe that the Alodine®EC²™ process offers an attractive value proposition
Lima, OH (PRWEB) October 26, 2007
American Trim announced that the new Alodine®EC²™ high performance coating line is operational and ready to support full production and prototyping. With this opening, American Trim becomes the largest (by capacity) Licensed Product Center of this exciting coating developed by Henkel Corporation.
The new Alodine®EC²™ has exciting potential:
- Virtually eliminates corrosion
- Drastically improved wear resistance
- Enables the use of lower cost materials (e.g. aluminum instead of stainless steel)
- Excellent bonding capability when combined with Loctite®, Hysol® and Teroson® brand adhesives
The coating is based on Ti electrodeposited oxides and readily forms on:
- Aluminum and Aluminum alloys
- Titanium and Titanium alloys
- Aluminized ferrous substrates
In addition, it offers the following specifications:
- Surface Properties (Hardness of 600--800 Vickers)
- Corrosion Resistance (1000--6000 hour depending on aluminum substrate)
- Abrasion Resistance (2000 Taber cycles (C-17 wheel) with no wear @ 12 microns)
- Bonding capability with most paints, adhesives, Teflon®, Kynar® and thermal spray coatings
- Useful coating thickness of 3--12 microns
"As companies are looking for ways to improve their coating performance capabilities and/or total cost structure, we believe that the Alodine®EC²™ process offers an attractive value proposition," commented Vince DeFazio, Director of Operations for American Trim's facility in Cullman, Alabama. The Cullman facility boasts a tank capacity size of 108" Long, 30" Wide and 40" Deep -- the largest of its kind in the world supporting the Alodine®EC²™ technology.
Contact Chris Highfield, Sales Director at 937-494-6024 for inquiries into Alodine®EC²™.