The key to making the right decision is having the right information. eSCM delivers the right storage information to IT and business managers in easy-to-understand dashboards and reports
North Chelmsford, Mass. (PRWEB) October 25, 2007
IMT Partners , the only provider of vendor-independent solutions for managing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) related to information storage, today announced the availability of its second generation enterprise Storage Cost Manager version 2.3 (eSCM™ v2.3). This new release of eSCM introduces a host of enhanced features and benefits for managing and controlling the cost of storage, including identifying and quantifying opportunities for cost avoidance and cost reduction.
eSCM™ v2.3 provides executive-level dashboards for both financial and operational management to assess the financial impact of technology decisions. It allows IT managers to make informed investment decisions by providing them with a centralized asset inventory and detailed reports on every aspect of TCO associated with delivering storage to end users. It also gives storage managers the power to: track and report on storage capital and operational costs; monitor storage allocation by location and line of business; create chargeback programs; recover unusable (stranded) storage; map out technology investments; and facilitate vendor negotiations.
"The key to making the right decision is having the right information. eSCM delivers the right storage information to IT and business managers in easy-to-understand dashboards and reports," stated Bob Laliberte, analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "The latest version provides unique value by enabling companies to truly understand Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of their storage environment. Additionally, eSCM provides the necessary insight to identify and justify decisions for strategic investments in key technologies such as virtualization, de-duplication, networked storage and data classification."
Customers are benefiting from eSCM™ v2.3's five major enhancements for storage cost management: new TCO Intelligence, Financial and Resources Dashboards; a Line of Business (LOB) Portal; and a powerful new tool of exporting and saving reports.
- The new eSCM™ v2.3 TCO Intelligence Dashboard automatically identifies opportunities for storage cost avoidance and reduction and quantifies the amount and percentage of potential cost saving for each opportunity. This dashboard optimizes IT spending by giving an at-a-glance view of storage and switch utilization across the entire enterprise. The TCO Intelligence Dashboard allows managers to build business cases and justify future investments in new technologies, as well as plan for storage consolidation and migration initiatives.
- Another feature in the new release of eSCM 2.3 is a new Financial Dashboard enhanced with several new reports designed to identify cost difference and potential cost savings between FC SAN and ISCSI SAN (IP SAN). This dashboard also includes reports that identify the highest and lowest TCO and utilization for the top and bottom 10 SAN and NAS devices. By targeting the devices with the highest TCO, managers can then evaluate possible replacement devices.
- The new Resources Dashboard in eSCM™ v2.3 quantifies the amount of storage and number of switch ports being managed by each full-time equivalent (FTE) as well as the annual costs broken out by role and location. The Resources Dashboard also summarizes the percentage of resources in use for managing the enterprise storage and switch infrastructure. This powerful new tool helps managers justify resource requisition and create benchmarks for annual budget planning;
- The Line of Business (LOB) Portal is a new feature that allows companies to create and assign individual accounts to each LOB so that managers can login and view their own cost reports. This tool increases cost awareness within each LOB and enables self-service storage management without exposing enterprise-level and sensitive cost data, such as salary information.
- eSCM™ v2.3 also gives business managers the power to export and save reports in a CSV format and graphical reports in a PNG format. It generates PDF reports and zooms into all graphical reports. Enable client to export all reports to post on a web portal for management to view and potentially insert into executive presentations or other standard documents.
"We developed these new features based on field-test accounts and customer feedback received about the first generation of our product," said Thien Doan, president and CEO of IMT Partners. "These new features enable our clients to realize significant ROI from cost avoidance and cost reductions within the first few months of installation. eSCM v2.3 gives them the power to identify, plan and justify budgets. Armed with this information, our clients can build in key initiatives such as storage virtualization, consolidation, de-duplication, backup and archiving, as well as select new vendors and equipment and technology upgrades," Doan said.
"The proliferation of storage alternatives, combined with growing internal and external demands to manage information more intelligently, cries out for improved storage management tools. With its recent efforts aimed at providing insight into storage costs incurred across organizational entities, IMT Partners stakes its claim on the leading edge of a new wave of storage management tool providers," said Larry Bolick, CIO, Aquent. (http://www.aquent.com)
About IMT Partners
IMT Partners is the only provider of vendor-independent solutions for managing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) related to information storage. This complex task is simplified by IMT's enterprise Storage Cost Manager (eSCM™), the industry's only appliance for managing - and dramatically reducing - the cost of storage and data management. The IMT solution gives executive- and IT-level managers the power to actively manage IT spending by providing a framework for storage cost allocation. Organizations that deploy eSCM™ can significantly reduce the amount of equipment required to house information, thereby reducing IT spending and increasing resource management governance. For more inofmration, go to http://www.IMTPARTNERS.com.
# # #