Top 30 Under 30: American’s Coolest Young Entrepreneurs
Conshohocken, PA (PRWEB) October 26, 2007
InterviewStream.com, the premier provider of video interviewing solutions, recently launched ScaryInterview.com to compliment their suite of proprietary online technology—just in time for Halloween. The site includes a scary interview with a Vampire, Ghost, Frankenstein, a Psycho and the Devil, and provides an example of how to make a frightening first impression as well as ten tips to prevent a career-deadening interview.
"The number one rule for job seekers is to stand out from the crowd; however you could be leaving a frightening impression if you are ill-prepared for an interview," said Randy Bitting, InterviewStream founder. "In fact, the same advice applies to veteran employees as well. For example, don’t be a vampire and mentally drain all of your co-workers. Think of everyday as a job interview," he continued.
Bitting offers the following tips for job seekers and employees this Halloween:
1. Don’t offer your interviewer or boss some of your Trick or Treat candy—you’re 20-something not 12!
2. Don’t leave your hoop earrings in and painted-mustache on after dressing as Captain Jack Sparrow gentlemen! Ladies, remove the corset no matter how small it makes your waist look.
3. Don’t play zombie. Get a good night sleep and act engaged during the job interview or new work-day, no matter how nervous or tired you are.
4. Don’t mention that you cross-dressed as a French Maid, not to mention bring in photos or post them on MySpace. Ladies, keep the racy Playgirl Bunny photos private too.
5. Don’t carry over your Britney Spears or Frankenstein vocabulary by saying "Like, Umm & Uhh" with every response; lose the filler words and try replaying each with a short pause. We get enough Britney on TV.
6. Don’t be a vampire and suck all the energy from the interviewer with your lack of participation. Likewise, don’t mentally drain all of your co-workers by not pulling your weight.
7. Don’t be a Ghost. They can’t hire you if you don’t bother to show up for your interview but they can fire you if you don’t show up for your job.
8. Don’t describe Saw 1V (or a similarly gory movie) to the interviewer or the CEO as you see him/her in the elevator as a recent movie that you really enjoyed.
9. Don’t list on your resume that your scares were up 200% year after year while working at the local haunted house and include that as your community service.
10. Don’t include a cane and top hat with your interview suit gentlemen; Hugo Boss didn’t have leopard, polyester suits this season and besides, pimp costumes are so 1998. Ladies, leave the fishnets, fur and platform-fishbowl pumps home until next Halloween as well.
Founded in 2003, InterviewStream was quickly adopted as the premier practice and screening interviewing tool for job seekers, career counselors, & employers across 4 continents and in 44 states. InterviewStream now provides video interview technology to hundreds of universities, MBA Programs, job boards, and employers around the globe including 9 of the top 10 global MBA Programs and the #1 entry level job board.
InterviewStream.com also offers the only online video-based practice interviewing system. The software showcases one’s personality and unique skills with a perfectly crafted custom online video interview while providing feedback of non-verbal behavior and communication missteps. It is an invaluable tool for objective communication assessment.
For more information about the InterviewStream suite of products, or an interview with one of the founders, contact Kristi Hughes at 215-816-2954 or email email@example.com.
InterviewStream.com is the premier provider of video interviewing solutions. Their six product suite of proprietary online technology provides video interview solutions to universities, career candidates & recruiters around the globe including 9 of the top 10 global MBA Programs and the #1 entry level job board.
Founded in 2003 by Miles Munz and Randy Bitting, both named "Top 30 Under 30: American’s Coolest Young Entrepreneurs" by Inc. magazine in August 2007, InterviewStream has quickly become the ‘industry standard’ practice and screening interview tool for thousands of job seekers, career counselors & employers –- across 4 continents and in 44 of the U.S. states.
InterviewStream, LLC is a privately held company headquartered just ten miles outside Philadelphia in Conshohocken, PA.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #