Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 2, 2007
Mobile Metrics announced the immediate availability of a significant extension to the world's first commercial test system for WiMAXTM ASN Gateways and CSNs, the Torrent 7100 WTS. The 3.0 release of the Torrent 7100 increases its industry-leading capacity and builds upon its reputation as the product most closely aligning with the current WiMAX Forum's NWG specifications.
"We released the Torrent 7100 WTS in September 2006 as a ground-breaking WiMAX test system, and through our relationship with world-class equipment manufacturers, we have continued to break new ground," said Cecil Taylor, Mobile Metrics Vice-President of Sales and Product Management. "The 3.0 release displays the most power and flexibility of any WiMAX core network test system available. With the ability to simulate up to 3 million mobiles on a single Linux server, it offers a cost-effective hardware solution, too."
The Torrent 7100 WTS provides traffic and conformance testing of the ASN (Access Service Network) Gateway and the CSN (Connectivity Service Network), focusing on the R6, R4 and R3 interfaces. Another WiMAX product variant, the Torrent 7200 WTS, tests Base Stations, Mobile Stations and end-to-end networks over the 802.16e R1 interface.
The most significant features of the Torrent 7100 WTS 3.0 release are its capacity, its authentication capabilities, and its flexible options to support WiMAX testing at various stages of development. On a single Linux server, the 7100 can simulate up to 3 million mobiles, or 2 million mobiles spread across more than 1,000 simulated Base Stations. Each Mobile Station and Base Station is a full state machine-driven implementation according to the NWG specifications. The 3.0 release also offers support of six new EAP variants. The Torrent 7100 also has enhanced capability to fall back to earlier NWG releases or to support customized vendor-specific messaging and tracing.
The 3.0 release of the Torrent 7100 WTS includes the following capabilities:
- 3,000,000 mobiles, or 2,000,000 mobiles and 1,000+ Base Stations, simulated on a single server
- New EAP variants: TLS, TTLS, AKA, SIM, MSCHAPv2, Double EAP
- Device credentials
- MIP key distribution from a simulated Radius server
- Easily customized definitions for vendor-specific messaging and tracing, in addition to support of new NWG 1.1.1 messaging types
- Flexibility to support either 32-bit or 48-bit Base Station IDs (as well as 32, 48, or 128 bit GW-IDs).
- Enhanced on-board message tracing and rendering
- Mobile browser built-in to the GUI: User can "drive" a simulated mobile, including network entry and exit, mobility events and more.
- Implementation of multiple vendor-specific high availability schemes on simulated BS and ASN GW
- Adherence to the NWG 1.1.0 (July 2007) specifications.
Another feature that can be used with the 3.0 release is Mobile Metrics' enhancement of Wireshark for WiMAX tracing, announced last month and described at http://mobilemetrics.net/wireshark.htm.
Torrent 7100 WTS 3.0 builds upon the following extensive capabilities offered in prior releases:
- ASN Profile A and C support
- Client Mobile IP (CMIP) Support
- Proxy Mobile IP (PMIP) Support
- Network Entry
- Initial Service Flow Activation
- Network Exit
- Full Dataplane Support (IP CS)
- R6 Handover
- R4/R6 Mixed Mobility Handover
- R3 Relocation (with Auth Relocation)
- Uncontrolled Handover
- Multi-target Handover
- Idle Mode Entry
- Location Update
- Idle Mode Exit
- Dynamic Key Distribution
- Precise/Flexible Error Injection
About Mobile Metrics:
A technology leader in its field, Mobile Metrics focuses exclusively on providing test solutions for wireless data networks. Mobile Metrics offers test tools for WiMAX, WiFi, Mobile IP and GPRS/UMTS. Contact Mobile Metrics at 877-404-2600, or visit http://www.mobilemetrics.net.
Mobile Metrics is a member of the WiMAX Forum®. WiMAX is a trademark of the WiMAX Forum.