Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) November 6, 2007
Genuitec, LLC, a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, today announced a new, free service for Eclipse users that will significantly streamline the installation and distribution process for Eclipse-based software. "Pulse" is a completely free software service that alleviates the frustration of managing Eclipse-based software whether commercial, free or mixed.
Pulse blends both free and commercial solutions into individualized software distributions (customized profiles) that users can create for their own use and to share with others.
"Eclipse has always been about spurring innovations through the use of a common platform," said Mike Milinkovich, Executive Director of the Eclipse Foundation. "Genuitec's Pulse is an example of this vision, with the promise to deliver a new level of Eclipse end-user convenience and to enhance an already thriving ecosystem that includes free, open source and commercial products."
By ensuring that only the right versions of all required plug-ins are utilized within each profile, Pulse alleviates the error-prone "plug-in compatibility" debugging task. Pulse users will also be able to easily create and share profiles that include only their preferred task-related tools, making the common issue of "tool bloat" a thing of the past.
Additionally, Pulse's extensive software catalog will ensure that if developers are having difficulty identifying the right tool for a specific job, compatible and easily-accessible tools will be available for a one-click install.
"We are constantly looking for new and innovative delivery channels for our Eclipse-based products," said Mike Taylor, president and CEO, Instantiations, Inc. "Pulse offers a unique and efficient way to connect us to the developers who directly benefit from our software quality and productivity solutions. We are delighted to be one of the first commercial software providers offering our products through Pulse."
Additional key features of Pulse include:
- Fastest installations: Through optimized use of mirrors and simultaneous downloading of components
- Lowest overhead: When creating multiple profiles, the only features unique to the new profile must be downloaded
- Extreme flexibility: Features from multiple projects/products can easily be combined as desired
- Rich user experience: RCP-based client enjoy experience and ease of use
- Convenient desktop integration: Customizable program group and desktop icons to enable fast profile launches
- User interface: Provides customizable areas for detailed product descriptions, cross-sell, rating, and redirect opportunities
- Facilitates sharing: Profiles are shared through private, by-invitation groups (similar to IM clients)
- Allows Anonymous Usage: Non-customizable profiles are available
- Limited Registration: User registration is only required for customization / sharing / support. Users may remain completely anonymous.
- Small initial installation footprint: (2MB)
"Before Pulse, it was very difficult for an end user to put together a set of tools that everybody could use and had easy set-up," said Tim Webb, Pulse Product Manager at Genuitec. "By creating this delivery channel, we can expose developers to the wide array of tools that are available for Eclipse and ensure they can create and share their own personalized tool profiles easily and quickly."
Pricing & Availability
Genuitec's Pulse is a free service and is available immediately for download at: http://www.poweredbypulse.com
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028; Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284,