Simsbury, CT (PRWEB) November 15, 2007
The Web Marketing Association announces the launched of its sixth annual Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Awards. The IAC Awards are the first and only industry-based advertising award competition dedicated exclusively to online advertising. The Competition Web site is located at iacaward.org and the deadline for entry is January 31, 2008
"We created the IAC Awards to highlight the best in this unique advertising medium by industry, and also to help advertising professionals validate their efforts to clients and senior management," said William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association, Inc. "As spending for online advertising continues to explode, it is important to make sure the ads delivered to advertisers are up to the challenge".
2007 Best of Show Awards were awarded in each of the online format categories. Last year's winners included:
- Fishbowl Marketing for Shamrock The Vote (Best Ads the Client Did Not Pick)
- IQ Interactive for "Explorer" Video Newsletter (Best of Show Email Message)
- blast! PR for NASCAR.com Revs Up Fans with Email Marketing (Best of Show Email Message Campaign)
- TMX Communications for Find the Time Capsule Campaign (Best of Show Integrated ad campaign)
- Hornall Anderson Design Works for My Family (Best of Show Interactive Application)
- Wunderman Team Detroit for My Dream (Best of Show Microsite/Landing Page)
- Idea Integration for Sony Noise Canceling Headphones (Best of Show Online ad)
- Palm Communication for Oryctolagus cuniculus (Best of Show Online Campaign)
- Coldwell Banker Seal for Coldwell Banker Barbara Sue Seal eNews (Best of Show Online Newsletter Campaign)
- Ayzenberg Group for Mobile Suite GUNDAM Crossfire rich media creative (Best of Show Rich Media Online Ad)
- Profero for Mess With Your Mind (Best of Show Rich Media Online Campaign)
For the third year in a row, TMX Communications of Conshohocken, PA was recognized with the 2007 Top Agency Award, winning 15 IAC Awards. Their awards included 1 Best of show, 13 Best of Industry awards and two Outstanding awards.
The Internet Advertising Competition Awards are open to all organizations and individuals (advertising and interactive agencies, corporate marketing departments, etc.) involved in the process of developing Internet advertising. Entries may be submitted online at iacaward.org. The deadline for entry is January 31, 2008 and will be judged on creativity, innovation, impact, design, copywriting, and use of the medium.
Awards will be presented within each of the industry categories and advertising formats such as:
- Online ad (including banner, pop-up or interstitial)
- Online ad Campaign
- Rich media online ad
- Rich media Campaign
- Email message
- Online newsletter campaign
- Microsite/Landing page
- Integrated ad campaign
- Ads the client did not choose
Best of show award for each format will be selected from among the industry winners. Ads eligible for entry in the competition must have run during the period from January 1, 2007 through January 31, 2008.
Judging for the IAC Awards will take place in February, 2008, and winners will be notified by e-mail one week prior to the general announcement of winners in March, 2008. Judges will consist of a select group of Internet advertising professionals with an in-depth understanding of the current state-of-the-art in Web advertising. Past competition judges have included top executives from leading corporations, institutions and media organizations such as Ogilvy Interactive, Blattner Brunner, Comedy Central, Sun Microsystems, National Cable & Telecom Association, Refinery, Euro RSCG, EPB Interactive, New York Post Interactive, The Cincinnati Enquirer, J. Walter Thompson, Xerox, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Modem Media, and Answerthink.
The 2008 Internet Advertising Competition Awards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: BGT Partners, Burst Media, PRWeb, Misukanis & Odden, SimpleFeed, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, NewsUSA, eComXpo, MediaPost's OMMA conference, TopRank Online Marketing, Creative Chocolate Printing Company, Search Engine Strategies, Webmaster Radio, Rovion, AllBusiness.com and eMarketer. The Web Marketing Association thanks all of its sponsors for helping to make this annual competitions possible.
About the Web Marketing Association
The Web Marketing Association is an organization working to create a high standard of excellence for Web site development and marketing on the Internet. Staffed by volunteers, it is made up of Internet marketing, advertising, PR and design professionals who share an interest in improving the quality of advertising, marketing and promotion used to attract visitors to Web sites. Since 1997, the Web Marketing Association's annual WebAward Competition has been helping interactive professionals promote themselves, their companies, and their best work to the outside world. Now in its11th year, the WebAward Competition has become the premier industry-based site recognition program for online advertisers, Web developers and marketers worldwide.