Fountain Valley, CA (PRWEB) November 17, 2007
Finally, an instructional guide designed specifically for creating scrapbooking and card-making projects on the computer - "Digital & Hybrid Scrapbooking and Card-Making with Photoshop Elements" promises it is "the book that fills in the steps that the scrapbook magazines leave out." More than an idea book, this is a 384 page how-to manual written in plain English for scrapbookers who want to learn digital techniques with clear step-by-step instructions.
"Digital & Hybrid Scrapbooking" is based on author Patty Debowski's experience teaching digital scrapbooking in California community colleges. "Many of my students learned to use a computer with their impatient husbands hovering over them," explains Debowski, a formerly frustrated digi-scrapper. "They depend on their husbands for even simple tasks, like copying the photos from their camera to their computer. My students love my simple step-by-step instructions - they go home and get the same results they got in class. So many women have emailed me to tell me how empowered they feel because they can now do this easily."
All of the techniques in Debowski's book are explained for a digi-scrapper. "Everything I've read explains how to use Photoshop Elements to edit photos," says Debowski, "not make scrapbook pages or cards. Nowhere in my book will you find an instruction like 'rasterize the vector layer' and wonder what it means. That is what makes this book unique."
At 384 pages, and weighing nearly three-and-a-half pounds, "Digital & Hybrid Scrapbooking" is no light-weight "fluff" book with a lot of pretty scrapbook pages, cautions Debowski. "My students are tired of looking at the pretty pictures - they want basic instruction on how to do the techniques and use all the digital tools. This is a Photoshop Elements instruction manual geared toward the digi-scrapper that's written in plain English." Extensive table of contents and index listings allow readers to quickly find instructions on any digital scrapbooking or photo editing task they need.
"Digital and Hybrid Scrapbooking & Card-Making with Photoshop Elements" includes:
- Basic instruction for the beginner, such as how to download and install fonts, how to unzip and use digital scrapbook supplies, and organize them efficiently.
- Detailed step-by-step instructions with lots of screenshots show how to do the techniques shown in scrapbooking magazines and how to use the Photoshop Elements program.
- Tips on achieving more advanced techniques, like making and using templates (a fast way to speed up your scrapping), making and using brushes, and using blending modes and filters.
- A DVD filled with 15 digi-scrapping website discount coupons, and more than 1,000 pieces of digi-scrapping elements, created by more than 30 professional designers -- a great starting point for a new digi-scrapper, and great additions to an existing collection.
- Customized Photoshop Elements Organizer tags, designed for the digi-scrapper to instantly install. They will allow you to find the perfect scrapbook element in less than 15 seconds when you tag your digital scrapbook supplies.
- Handy mini reference card with shortcuts and tips, sized to slide under your keyboard while you work.
- Detailed "What Did I Do Wrong?" section to help you quickly fix problems you encounter.
- How to combine digital techniques with traditional scrapbook supplies (hybrid).
Included in a grand opening special which expires November 30 is The Digi-Scrapping Menu for Success (free with the purchase of the book, a $6.99 value). Keep this 8 ½ x 11 inch plastic coated, fun, chocolate accented, reference card by your computer to have all the tips and tricks you need at your finger tips. The book, and menu are available at http://www.TheDigitalScrapbookTeacher.com. International & U.S. bulk specials, templates, and gift wrapping are also available.
TheDigitalScrapbookTeacher.com offers an affiliate program, enabling affiliates to earn a commission for every product sold through ads placed on their website, blog, newsletters, or emails. Find more information at http://www.thedigitalscrapbookteacher.com/Affiliate/scrapbook.html.
Debowski works with local retail stores to help them set up digital classes and programs.
To encourage retailers to offer digital programs, Debowski offers product discounts for bulk orders. Find wholesale information here: http://www.thedigitalscrapbookteacher.com/Wholesale/scrapbook.html.
Editors: Patty Debowski is available for interviews and as an expert resource on digital scrapbooking.