Chicago, IL (PRWEB) December 1, 2007
SteelSeries, a leading manufacturer of innovative professional gaming gear, and GotFrag.com, the world's leading coverage site for competitive gaming, today announced the SteelSeries King of the Hill tournaments for North America. The new free Counter-Strike 1.6 KotH-tournament is based on a community voted matchup every two weeks, with a prize purse of $500 USD cash in a winner-takes-all format.
The first SteelSeries King of the Hill tournament will be played December 6th and interested American and Canadian Counter-Strike 1.6 teams are advised to sign-up immediately. The first 10 teams for the GotFrag.com hosted community vote will be determined by sign-up date.
"We're delighted to once again partner with GotFrag on this Counter-Strike 1.6 project," says Kim Rom, Marketing Director for SteelSeries. "Counter-Strike 1.6 is still one of the greatest tournament games ever released and was an obvious game of choice for the SteelSeries King of the Hill tournaments."
"Counter-Strike 1.6 is the bedrock of Western eSports and GotFrag is extremely excited to work with SteelSeries for their King of the Hill project," says Mark Cheben, Editor in Chief of GotFrag. "This gives the 1.6 community something they've needed and the fans everything they could want."
More about SteelSeries King of the Hill:
1. Register your team at http://www.steelseries.com/us/events. Registration will be open until we reach a comfortable amount of teams. If you want to participate, do not delay!
2. Reference the Event Calendar for dates detailing each Voting Week and Match Week.
3. Each Voting Week, 10 teams (at first determined by registration date) will be listed on GotFrag.com to be voted on by the community.
4. For Week 1, the two teams with the most votes will be placed into a head to head matchup the following Tuesday (Match 1). The remaining teams in the Top 5 on the GotFrag poll will stay in place for Voting Week 2, the bottom 5 teams will go to the bottom of the queue.
5. The winner of each match will take home $500 cash, be crowned the SteelSeries " King of the Hill", and will stay up to face a new challenger in Match 2. The loser will go to the bottom of the queue along with that Voting Week's bottom five teams.
6. The following Monday, Voting Week 2 will begin on GotFrag. New teams will be added from the queue to fill in the 10 slot voting pool alongside Voting Week 1's survivors and a new challenger will be selected by the community to face the current King of the Hill.
7. This process will continue indefinitely (for now), and every two weeks a match will be played for $500 cash!
Sign-up for the tournament at http://www.steelseries.com/us/events, which also contains information, rules and tournament schedule.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in co-operation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through aggressive sponsoring of teams and support of communities, tournaments and LAN-events all over the world. For additional information, visit http://www.steelseries.com.
GotFrag.com is the leading online community and resource for competitive computer gaming news, features and content. The GotFrag.com website was launched in November 2002, and reaches over 1 million readers every month. Reporting live and on-site at every major competitive gaming event in the world, GotFrag.com has become the world's largest and most influential independent online publisher of competitive gaming news and content. For more information, visit http://www.gotfrag.com.